I want a Ferrari 355.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FunfGan
    replied
    Corvettes still smell like glue on the inside.

    Ferrari's feel like you're sitting in a fine italian leather glove.





    That said, nothing will match the 1969, Le Mans prepped 250 GTO I got to ride around the track in a few years ago...

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo
    Tha'ts nuts

    I would just replace everything with after market/custom pieces for those prices.

    2k for a fucking shock, dam i will just replace all 4 with some JRZ goodness for that much
    $5k for coilover suspension minus springs but will accept all spring rates!
    Ferrari 355 VividRacing offers Quality Performance Auto Accessories and Auto Parts. Fast shipping and huge discounts off retail.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    Tha'ts nuts

    I would just replace everything with after market/custom pieces for those prices.

    2k for a fucking shock, dam i will just replace all 4 with some JRZ goodness for that much

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo
    I would like to know the cost on some usual maint parts like brake disc pads, bearings, ect
    31 142882 2 HUB COMPLETE BEARING $ 2,572.18
    28 160051 2 FRONT BRAKE DISC $ 332.85
    1 183633 2 FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER $ 2,911.52
    9 70000874 1 KIT OF FRONT PADS (CALIPERS BREMBO) $ 350.87
    10 70000875 1 KIT OF REAR PADS (CALIPERS BREMBO) $ 350.87
    1 169825 1 R. H. FRONT CALIPER UNIT WITH PADS (CALIPERS BREMBO) $ 699.17
    1 169826 1 L.H. FRONT CALIPER UNIT WITH PADS (CALIPERS BREMBO) $ 699.17
    1 169827 1 R.H. REAR CALIPER UNIT WITH PADS (CALIPERS BREMBO) $ 699.17
    1 169828 1 L.H. REAR CALIPER UNIT WITH PADS (CALIPERS BREMBO) $ 661.95

    1 179948 1 L.H. EXHAUST MANIFOLD $ 2,438.10
    1 179947 1 R.H. EXHAUST MANIFOLD $ 2,438.10
    1 177561 1 WATER PUMP BODY $ 700.00
    2 158014 1 WATER PUMP CONTROL PULLEY $ 375.40
    26 165473 1 THERMOSTAT $ 288.76
    - 164050 1 COMPLETE CLUTCH HOUSING $ 1,511.37
    1 157754 1 COMPLETE CLUTCH $ 1,266.38
    2 157756 1 CLUTCH DISC call
    3 10569279 9 WASHER $ 0.90
    4 14305674 9 SCREW $ 0.90
    5 159507 1 FLYWHEEL $ 4,467.20


    I think after all said and done, I agree with one of the above posters, even sitting in my garage broken or in pieces, it is still a work of art. I'd still buy one between $40k-50k depending on previous maintenance receipts (they better be all there!) # of owners has to be less than 3, purchase a PPI from a Ferrari shop, and budget about $15k extra for maintenance (and put that $15k into preventative maint (belt service, replace exhaust manifolds, challenge grille, refurb sticky interior pieces), then after that first service, save about $2k/yr for 3 years for the required engine out services. I love this car. On my 135, I only drive about 4k/yr anyway so I am used to keeping a garage queen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    I would like to know the cost on some usual maint parts like brake disc pads, bearings, ect

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    C6 zo6. Can be had for less and is a superior car in every way other that e ballin status an look I has prancing horse in my car port
    more than you can afford pal.

    Originally posted by blunttech
    Maybe its just me but I wouldnt want the stigma associated with Ferrari drivers. Everyone Ive ever met had a stick so far up their ass it wasnt funny. Besides Its no E30
    Well, at least Ferrari drivers don't mod their cars with zip ties and Volvo lips.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Op was talking in the future so I added a couple of years to the current age of the car to get too the 25 year old number

    I see so the factory does not suggest a over haul of the 2.8 V8 at something around 30k then.

    I like to have some money in the bank, and having some what regular 5k maintenance bills on a toy is something I dont think I would want to strap my self too, unless I know I could aford it. To the average dude out there making 50k a year sure they can have one and prolly fix it too, if they live like paupers and pour all their disposable income into the F car. I earn a very good living and I dont think for 1 hot second I could afford an F355, and I have a large amount of disposable income.

    I suppose I have no idea what I am talking about though since my uncle has owned the 3 cars I mentioned in that quoted post and I have had some seat time is all 3. Hes kept the Vette over all of them, I am just not a euro only
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-22-2013, 05:49 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Just what I want a 25 year old car needing. A hugely spend engine over haul every 30ish thousand miles and insane maintainance bills. F car is purely for status and showing off to your friends if your not worth 7 figures or have piles of disposable income then your just strapped your self to something you can't really afford to take care of. Just my opinion though

    I have been in a f car and a p cars there is that feeling you can only bet from the. But you can get really close in a modern vett with out all the costly Hassel when you have a normal blue collar job or are a middle management salery type.
    You don't know what you're talking about.

    As usual.

    Leave a comment:


  • Victell
    replied
    When putting a transmission back it, its hard enough getting the input shaft aligned all the way into the pilot bearing. I cant imagine doing it with the back half of the car attached to the trans.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    F355 is nice, but mid-engined Ferrari's are for twats.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    Aston Martin>Ferrari.

    Ferrari shows you have new money.

    AM shows you have money and class.
    aston martin also says: i have a shit load of money and i look like a retard siting on the side of the road with my cell phone stuck in my ear calling a tow truck because my car is broken down again.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Oops... I just came a little

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    Originally posted by 10Toes
    I would get a 348 over a 355, the 355 have lots of issues.
    Not sure if serious? 348 is atleast 8 times worse than a 355!

    dat noise!

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    Just saw they can be picked up for 50k.

    Now, this is still waayyy out of my price range.... But It is achievable in my future.

    Want.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferra...#ht_481wt_1186

    Making a deal with myself. Considering I have dumped at least 50k cash into various cars in my past that were never worth the investment... I'm just going to quit modding altogether and save mah pennies.
    You should get one if you can.

    I bought one a few months ago and love it. I looked at 360s, but for what I was willing to spend I could get a brilliant 355, which, in my opinion, is one of the best Ferraris ever made. I bought near the top of the price range, which is closer to the bottom for the 360. I'll probably sell it in a year - always wanted one - but ownership makes no sense.

    PO put a Tubi exhaust and Challenge grille on it - I'm debating a pair of Volks (it's a white car) - but I don't drive it enough to justify further modifications. I'm always in Asia and it is parked in a garage on the West Coast.

    Worst part of owning it is not the maintenance or insurance, but looking like an assclown when driving it. Not having a red example helps, but I feel like I should be 20 years older some of the time.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoffp
    replied
    Me too.




    Leave a comment:

Working...