I want a Ferrari 355.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • diegom6
    replied
    Originally posted by Frog
    Almost picked one up instead of my Porsche.. Right at 2008-2009, these were $40,000 and often barely into the 30s. I regret not buying one.
    What Porsche did you get or own?

    I was in the same boat as you. There are like 4-5 F355 Berlinetta in my country. I started to look for a toy to purchase and one possible 355 came up "for sale" according to a friend which sell used cars. He contacted the owner, asked 90k for it (probably had 5k miles on the clock) but he never decided to sell it or not...in the mean time, I was checking all the info I could get of that model and got scared, yet, I wanted the car if I could pay it, sure if I would have gotten the car, I wouldn't be able to fill up the gas tank by today because would have run out of money totally blowing up all my cash I had with me.

    In the mean time waiting for a response, popped out my beloved
    993tt euro for sale (the only one left in my country of that chassis) and I was able to source it for arround 30k less over the F355. When I bought it, all my friends that knew I was behind the F355 first, told me it was the smartest decision I made...the Porsche would be a overall and purchase over the F355 and since I'm not rich I would probably keep knocking my head because Ferrari is ridiculous expesnive the parts (the service would have been done by my self in my shop, as I do it always with what ever car I get).

    Yet, after all, I still want the damn F355 for once in my life:p

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Not going to lie, I love the 458's.

    Still no 355.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    Would you not include the 458 in that group? They really are good-looking in person.
    That car does nothing for me styling wise. It's styled by aerodynamics. The new F12 does look interesting...

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by Downz
    I don't think so Tim

    Well you know, there's always one or two exceptions...

    Leave a comment:


  • bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    mid-engined Ferrari's are for twats.
    I don't think so Tim

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Would you not include the 458 in that group? They really are good-looking in person.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    I think the F355 was one of the last truly beautiful looking Ferrari's out there. It came right before rules and regulations dictated the designs of cars. Take the F360. In looks alone the F355 is superior. I feel the F355 is still probably one of the trademark designs in Ferrari styling, the textbook styling embodies in the peoples minds what a Ferrari looks like.

    Sure it's far from the best, but it's still up there.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ajhostetter
    this thread is hilarious....
    Agreed.

    [ATTACH]75826[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]75827[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]75828[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]75829[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]75830[/ATTACH]

    They were beautiful, fantastic machines. I don't know what they've become now. But I often forget that they were always designed for Dukes and corrupt Shahs and movie stars - they were never intended to be 'affordable used sports cars.' The reedonkulous pricing was part of the mystique - unattainable for most of us; the cost of a nice house. It helped finance the F1 program.

    We live in an era where they all have to out-extreme each other to say on top. An elegant, beautiful car that goes like stink and sounds good isn't enough anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • jason952
    replied
    360 is much cheaper to run. A manual 360 would be a decent long-term car, I would be scared of F1 problems down the line

    Leave a comment:


  • ajhostetter
    replied
    This thread is hilarious. One of my dad's really good friends has a 458 Italia. I don't think it's worth $250K, but they are INCREDIBLE machines. Anecdotal here, but he used to take the Ferrari to 10 or so track days a year. Tires, brakes, everything on those is so expensive. His main track toy now is an E36 M3. It's still a blast on the track and a fraction of the price to keep it on the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • RGCintha29073
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    Pics dude. We need pics.
    :up:

    Guy talking about his 550 Maranello ..."The windshield washer reservoir was also replaced for $529.25" Isnt that the thing all us e30 owners just throw out cuz that shit never works anyway.

    What about a Mclaren F1? Its atleast has some BMW soul!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1996_McLaren_F1_open.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	7159821

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    You should get one if you can.

    I bought one a few months ago and love it. I looked at 360s, but for what I was willing to spend I could get a brilliant 355, which, in my opinion, is one of the best Ferraris ever made. I bought near the top of the price range, which is closer to the bottom for the 360. I'll probably sell it in a year - always wanted one - but ownership makes no sense.

    PO put a Tubi exhaust and Challenge grille on it - I'm debating a pair of Volks (it's a white car) - but I don't drive it enough to justify further modifications. I'm always in Asia and it is parked in a garage on the West Coast.

    Worst part of owning it is not the maintenance or insurance, but looking like an assclown when driving it. Not having a red example helps, but I feel like I should be 20 years older some of the time.
    Pics dude. We need pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • SkiFree
    replied


    How many Ferrari's can you spot in this picture?

    Leave a comment:


  • unevolved
    replied
    Balance it on a jack, probably. I've stabbed transmissions with them on a transmission stand under a lift, so it's probably a similar idea. Just a little more difficult with the back of the car. Most likely a two man job, but doesn't look impossible.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by Victell
    When putting a transmission back it, its hard enough getting the input shaft aligned all the way into the pilot bearing. I cant imagine doing it with the back half of the car attached to the trans.

    my head just exploded trying to fathom that. How DO they do that??

    Leave a comment:

Working...