I want a Ferrari 355.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • z6ne
    replied
    so slick

    Leave a comment:


  • kway
    replied
    Originally posted by RGCintha29073
    Splitting a car in half for a service, ugh WHY Ferrari!
    I dunno, to me that looks ingenious, and not daunting at all. It's just a big module. Nuts and bolts. Wouldn't look forward to doing it on jackstands in my home garage, but I have lifts at work.

    Engine out service? Bring it. Running through the gears with that gated shifter afterwards would make it all worthwhile.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    C6 zo6. Can be had for less and is a superior car in every way other that e ballin status an look I has prancing horse in my car port
    Only Corvette I would buy. Dat LS7.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by willworkfore30s
    What do you get out of spending $50k on a ferrari? And empty wallet and a used ferrari. What do you get out of spending $50k on various other projects? A lot of education and entertainment, and in the end, most likely a car that is more fun to drive than the ferrari.

    I beg to differ.

    I would have a Ferarri 355, and all the pleasures of driving one. It also doubles as a work of art, which I could admire while waxing it after my Sunday cruises.

    If it broke, I would learn to repair a Ferarri. If it was too much money, the car could sit in my garage until I saved up enough to repair it.. Which would just bring that much more satisfaction in the long run.

    I shit you not, it doesn't matter if it is a Used Ferarri or a 500hp E30... They are ALL money pits. Choose whatever makes YOU happy.

    For me, a Used 355 Ferarri would make me happier than a 500hp E30.

    I had a 400 some odd HP MKV GLI and it was great. Fast as hell and just a fun all around car. That said, in the end I had spent easily 30k total invested (including the cost of the car, of course), and still threw a forged rod through the block.

    Doesn't matter which way you go, if you want to play, you'll have to pay.

    Might as well pay for the used Ferarri.


    By the way, Holy shit this thread blew up.
    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    Just saw they can be picked up for 50k.

    Now, this is still waayyy out of my price range.... But It is achievable in my future.

    Want.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferra...#ht_481wt_1186

    Making a deal with myself. Considering I have dumped at least 50k cash into various cars in my past that were never worth the investment... I'm just going to quit modding altogether and save mah pennies.
    they where this price about 5 years ago, defiantly going to get one in the near future unless I have a kid, damn it.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmckie
    replied
    Originally posted by RGCintha29073
    I was actually looking at buying a used Ferrari. I had my eye on a few but after some face time and talking to current owners I was scared away. Maintenance costs are beyond ridiculous. This reminds me of the Top Gear episode when they all bought 3 older exotic "cheap" sports cars. In the end they said it can be done but dont do it!! Check this out! http://www.carscoops.com/2011/12/so-...ri-do-you.html Even after all this i still want one!
    Splitting a car in half for a service, ugh WHY Ferrari!
    :down: i would've set that shyt on fire after i drove for 5k and collect the ins money to try and recoupe the repair costs...lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Frog
    replied
    Almost picked one up instead of my Porsche.. Right at 2008-2009, these were $40,000 and often barely into the 30s. I regret not buying one.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Wagen
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_S
    IMO one of the best looking Ferrari's ever made.
    this

    However...
    Originally posted by mrmckie
    I personally would rather buy an NSX or an Exige.
    this

    Originally posted by oliver.r
    would rather have a testarossa for the same price
    this

    Originally posted by InuFaye
    Aston Martin>Ferrari.
    this

    But if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather just buy a new car, probably BMW, and get free maintenance.

    Leave a comment:


  • RGCintha29073
    replied
    I was actually looking at buying a used Ferrari. I had my eye on a few but after some face time and talking to current owners I was scared away. Maintenance costs are beyond ridiculous. This reminds me of the Top Gear episode when they all bought 3 older exotic "cheap" sports cars. In the end they said it can be done but dont do it!! Check this out! http://www.carscoops.com/2011/12/so-...ri-do-you.html Even after all this i still want one!
    Splitting a car in half for a service, ugh WHY Ferrari!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ferrari-f50-service-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	7159802

    Leave a comment:


  • BingM3
    replied
    I also would love a Ferrari but their scheduled maintenance costs will set you back $3000-5000 per visit...if your choices are open a Porsche 996 Turbo requires less trips to the shops and costs less to maintain:)

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    I never said it made sense.
    Dat logic!

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    Originally posted by achtunge30
    So you'd rather pay them for you to work on your own engine? Does not compute.
    I never said it made sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • SkiFree
    replied
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    Not really.

    Super expensive impractical cars with large engines.
    I think you've made my case of apples to oranges. If you're viewing these cars using that broad of a perspective you might as well be comparing an MR2 to a Honda Accord Coupe.

    Originally posted by achtunge30
    So you'd rather pay them for you to work on your own engine? Does not compute.
    I think Inu's trolling here ..... I've fell into his snare already, be careful.

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    No I can pay 6k dollars and assemble the engine myself.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    So you'd rather pay them for you to work on your own engine? Does not compute.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    No I can pay 6k dollars and assemble the engine myself.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Hand assembled by a fat man in Kentucky.

    Leave a comment:

Working...