I want a Ferrari 355.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SkiFree
    replied
    Originally posted by 10Toes
    I would get a 348 over a 355, the 355 have lots of issues.
    This made me laugh pretty hard.

    OP that particular 355 scares me. The biggest selling point on these cars are maintenance and service records. Do NOT buy the cheapest car, they tend to cost much more in the end.

    For the rest of you whiners and "i'd rather haves", good for you. Some day I will own a Lusso.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    You Want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari, 355 Cabriolet, What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all kids, I am liquid.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    ever driven one? They're uncomfortable as hell and underwhelming.

    I drove one for a few days while in California. It was a yellow cabriolet and I felt like a complete tool. More so than I do any other day. I had to take my shoes off because of the pedal placement and had the sudden urge to buy gold chains. I was paranoid to leave it anywhere.

    Buy a Z06 like someone else said. Waaaay more reliable and economical too.

    Leave a comment:


  • oliver.r
    replied
    that 911 would be a lot nicer if it wasn't red

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    Originally posted by oliver.r
    would rather have a testarossa for the same price
    me too.

    other cars that i really want in the same price range:
    1967 Camaro
    1963 Corvette Sting Ray Coupe
    1969 Dodge Charger
    Jaguar E-Type

    or this:


    ^ just for you loliver

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by oliver.r
    would rather have a testarossa for the same price
    Whenever I hear of/see a Testarossa, I think of that terrible movie

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Maybe its just me but I wouldnt want the stigma associated with Ferrari drivers. Everyone Ive ever met had a stick so far up their ass it wasnt funny. Besides Its no E30

    Leave a comment:


  • 10Toes
    replied
    I would get a 348 over a 355, the 355 have lots of issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • oliver.r
    replied
    im a fan of the 80s

    Leave a comment:


  • oliver.r
    replied
    would rather have a testarossa for the same price

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    We have a 1991 911 C4 at the shop.

    Retail on spark plug wires is just under $1k. 12 plugs for 6 cylinders. Two dizzys, linked with a baby timing belt. Also Porsche loves to NLA parts. Breather hose was $450 from Germany. Ridiculous.

    that said, F-car parts may be the same or more cost wise, etc, but would rather have a PITA Ferrari than a P-car. You can see P-cars here in bumfuck, Va every day. F-cars, maybe twice annually. I only see them because we have customers who have a couple.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrmckie
    replied
    I personally would rather buy an NSX or 911 or an Exige. The NSX holds it's value better than both the ferrari and some 911's, will get 100k miles with no sweat and are pretty easy to work on. I'm not sure how reliable the 911's are though but i've heard ppl don't have many issues with them. A Vette isn't a bad choice either like MrSleeve said. Tons of aftermarket and support for the three of them too.

    My mechanic has both a mid 2000's 911 Carrera and two NSX's, one turbo, one n/a. He loves them. There's also someone on NSXPrime working on a J-series(acura TL/RL) swap which is a cheaper and more mod/tune friendly motor than the C-series.

    but it's up to you...i personally couldn't buy a ferrari and need to pull the motor out every 2-3 years to change some belts at 6g's a pop... I wanna drive the piss out of it and not have to worry about a 6g bill if something happens everytime i drive it.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    I think this guy owns one:

    Leave a comment:


  • unevolved
    replied
    Get a Lotus Esprit and stuff an LS7 in the back. Then you've got similar looks, lower cost of ownership, and stupid amounts of whorespowers.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Just what I want a 25 year old car needing. A hugely spend engine over haul every 30ish thousand miles and insane maintainance bills. F car is purely for status and showing off to your friends if your not worth 7 figures or have piles of disposable income then your just strapped your self to something you can't really afford to take care of. Just my opinion though

    I have been in a f car and a p cars there is that feeling you can only bet from the. But you can get really close in a modern vett with out all the costly Hassel when you have a normal blue collar job or are a middle management salery type.

    Leave a comment:

Working...