I want a Ferrari 355.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IS300E30
    replied
    10 owners in 15 years :shock:

    You have to hope 10 people was as meticulous as you are.

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    C6 zo6. Can be had for less and is a superior car in every way other that e ballin status an look I has prancing horse in my car port
    In 15 years, the F-car will have higher resale value than the C6 and the F-car will still be high-brow at concours shows, while the C6 will be the cool car at the local VFW cruise nights.:D

    Leave a comment:


  • Cletonius
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    C6 zo6. Can be had for less and is a superior car in every way other that e ballin status an look I has prancing horse in my car port
    I wouldn't call it "e ballin" to drive a Ferrari. If you've never been on one you don't know. I'll pass on the Chevrolet.

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    They're not that bad. We service a couple Ferraris at work. Ricambi America makes it easy to get parts.

    DIYing it would be a bit more involved, but really, it's just a car. I'm sure going into this you are checking out the service, maintenance, etc on them. Ferrarichat, check there. They have a ton of info, and DIYs, for them.

    That said, good luck! Nothing beats an old Italian supercar!
    Def do your research!! And don't really listen to us...check out what the owners of these cars say about servicing on FerrariChat and FerrariLife. This is where I got my info. I intend to own one of these cars in the next 5 years or an old 911.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    C6 zo6. Can be had for less and is a superior car in every way other that e ballin status an look I has prancing horse in my car port

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    They're not that bad. We service a couple Ferraris at work. Ricambi America makes it easy to get parts.

    DIYing it would be a bit more involved, but really, it's just a car. I'm sure going into this you are checking out the service, maintenance, etc on them. Ferrarichat, check there. They have a ton of info, and DIYs, for them.

    That said, good luck! Nothing beats an old Italian supercar!

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    I am in the same boat...
    No kids, too many cars - in my side though, I'd sell both my E30 and 135i for a 355.

    Some things you may not pick up posting this on an E30/BMW forum.

    Do your research!!! Ferrari 355's require an engine-out service for major mechanical work and every 2-3 years belt changes. The exhaust manifold are prone to crack and guess what, the engine has to come out to get them! Ferrari parts prices are 5-10x higher than BMW parts prices. BTW an engine out service is minimum $6k.

    From everything I read so far, if you plan to buy a budget F355, which goes right now between $40k-60k - you need to have about $15k on standby. Why? You'll notice the $65k Ferraris have all the recent service up to date and aside from the purchase price, all you need to do is drive it. The ones that are $40k-60k, will probably need a belt change or yearly/major service and you are looking at $6k-18k worth of work depending. GET A PPI!

    This is no E30 BMW.

    Aside from that, subjectively, there is no better car to be had imho than a Ferrari. Nothing matches the engine note, shifter action and beauty of a Rosso Corsa Ferrari.

    Leave a comment:


  • gtdragon980
    replied
    I love F355's, they are teh secks!

    Leave a comment:


  • herbivor
    replied
    One of my favorite Ferraris made. But like all exotic cars, comes exotic maintenance prices. If you were given te car for free, it would still be hard to pay for the maintenance.

    Leave a comment:


  • willworkfore30s
    replied
    Why? Why save your pennies to buy a beat ferrari at the bottom end of their value? Why not build a better faster car for a quarter the price?

    I too dream of a ferrari and the prestige that comes with it, but it doesn't seem worth it when you add up all the other things you could have and do with that money.

    What do you get out of spending $50k on a ferrari? And empty wallet and a used ferrari. What do you get out of spending $50k on various other projects? A lot of education and entertainment, and in the end, most likely a car that is more fun to drive than the ferrari.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Would rock.

    Leave a comment:


  • Poorboyz
    replied
    That looks sexy and doesn't look outdated for a 15 year old car. I also like the Porsche 911 from the early to late 90s...the one Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) used in the Bad Boys movie in 95.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    started a topic I want a Ferrari 355.

    I want a Ferrari 355.

    Just saw they can be picked up for 50k.

    Now, this is still waayyy out of my price range.... But It is achievable in my future.

    Want.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferra...#ht_481wt_1186

    Making a deal with myself. Considering I have dumped at least 50k cash into various cars in my past that were never worth the investment... I'm just going to quit modding altogether and save mah pennies.
Working...