roommate bro code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roommate bro code

aight r3v gonna bring the bro drama here for a sec..

2 dude roommates rent a house, one is getting married, both want to keep house, who wins?

am in this situation and have heard alternating views from random people.

i'm getting married, we both have an equal amount of "crap to move", I originally found the house and paid the security deposit, signed lease, etc, but we moved in at same time and no one really has a "claim" otherwise. my fiance wants to stay here as well, offered roommate to pay to help moving costs, etc and was told "no, i want to stay here." seems kind of a dick move. he plans to stay here by himself

roshambo for it? fight to teh death? solve it like reasonable adults? i dont wanna be a dick about it but also don't wanna waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles out and end up spending the first 2 years of married life in some shitty apartment.

housing market sucks here btw.

Why does someone have to move out?

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
      Why does someone have to move out?
      This.

But you say you paid the security deposit and signed the lease. Is he on the lease at all? If not, he's SOL.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

If he's on the lease, you have the obligation to honor it.
        If not, and you are. You don't have to honor anything other than verbal agreements in accordance to your moral and ethical code. Whatever that may be.

Done and done.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Why do people get married without living with eachother first? You kinda have to know what you both are getting into. This situation shouldn't be happening because you and your roommate should be splitting ways before you get married because you should be living with your future spouse.
          Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

both names were on the lease. the original lease ran out last June but our landlord lives next to us and is super cool and likes us so we just never signed another one and are basically month to month. honestly totally forgot that our lease ran out lol.

i'm not the most traditional guy but starting off married life making my wife share a single bathroom with a another dude, stay home with him when i'm working overnight etc and deal with nasty messy kitchen/bathroom shit is not really an option.

getting another place isn't that big a deal just curious re: other people's opinions.

Comment

flip a coin... move on
              87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

I'm not saying she should move in with you two. if you're serious enough to pop the question then you should be serious enough to propose moving in with eachother in aother apartment. You wouldn't buy a car before test driving would you? Getting married without living with eachother first is just that.Perfect scenario....my ex and i were very serious and i was planning on proposing. My father stopped me and gave me this same advice. So before ultimately popping the question i proposed that we get a place together. best decision I've made...i found so many flaws with her that irked me beyond anything. Eventually we saw that we weren't the people we were both looking for and split ways.
                Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                  Why do people get married without living with eachother first? You kinda have to know what you both are getting into. This situation shouldn't be happening because you and your roommate should be splitting ways before you get married because you should be living with your future spouse.
                  off topic. :tsk:

Comment

Originally posted by absolutdog View Post
                    flip a coin... move on
                    like this idea. roshambo it may end up being.

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                      stay home with him when i'm working overnight etc and deal with nasty messy kitchen/bathroom shit is not really an option.
                      This is the most telling post.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

o reary?

Comment

I personally think it is up to you to leave. You want to change your living situation, therefore it is your problem. Where does your girlfriend live now? Move there.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Originally posted by Asbradley21 View Post
                            I personally think it is up to you to leave. You want to change your living situation, therefore it is your problem. Where does your girlfriend live now? Move there.
                            This. You both moved into the house as single guys. You changed that aspect. I think it's your duty to change your living situation to match your new lifestyle.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Good responses. Totally understand that viewpoint.. tis a sweet house though lol

Comment

Working...
                              X