Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wing Suit Base Jumping, Climbing, and Hang Gliding Video I shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Suit Base Jumping, Climbing, and Hang Gliding Video I shot.

Yo R3V people. I made this movie last spring for a KAVU athlete and fellow hang glider pilot. Check it out! I'd love to hear your feedback. I just rallied my E30 on a 1600 mile road trip to another shoot last week. I had to pull out the front seat to fit my aerial filming rig. I'll post a thread about that later.

JOY IS AN E30...

I wanna do everything in that video....

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

The hang gliding looked so peaceful.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
        The hang gliding looked so peaceful.
        Totally intentional and an excellent compliment. Thanks!

I think hang gliding is often misunderstood and misinterpreted. It is over-portrayed as an extreme sport which misses the fluid and organic nature of free flight. I tried to contrast the intensity of a wing suiting flight with the tranquility of a sunset glass off hang glide. It's like water skiing 3 dimensionally on a glassy lake.
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
          Totally intentional and an excellent compliment. Thanks!

I think hang gliding is often misunderstood and misinterpreted. It is over-portrayed as an extreme sport which misses the fluid and organic nature of free flight. I tried to contrast the intensity of a wing suiting flight with the tranquility of a sunset glass off hang glide. It's like water skiing 3 dimensionally on a glassy lake.
          ^ that description makes me want to add hang gliding onto my bucket list.

...carving the first cut down a mountain of fresh, deep, fluffy powder on a floater-cut snowboard. ...or cruising just the right back county road chicane with proper banking transitions and elevation lopes with a well sorted e30.

Nice vid, i enjoyed it.:D
          ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

friend died free climbing. stay safe!

Comment

Coolest guy on the forum. Officially.

Thanks for sharing.
              2011 1M Alpine white/black
              1996 Civic white/black
              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
                ^ that description makes me want to add hang gliding onto my bucket list.

...carving the first cut down a mountain of fresh, deep, fluffy powder on a floater-cut snowboard. ...or cruising just the right back county road chicane with proper banking transitions and elevation lopes with a well sorted e30.

Nice vid, i enjoyed it.:D
                Your comparisons are dead on. I highly recommend doing a lesson or two. I can put you in touch with the right people. Paragliding has become more popular, but the dynamics and speed potential of carving a proper wing through the sky is just sooo much more satisfying.
                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

How exactly does a person learn how to fly one of these winged suits? Seems like you either have it or....well you're dead.

Comment

It's much more methodical. Learn to skydive - wing suit - base jump - wing suit base jump. Done...
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

props! that was an awesome video! about how long would you say you stay in the air hang gliding?
                      sigpic

Comment

My longest flight is just over 6 hours, covering 128 miles. It was in a race, and I was super slow.

The world record just got broken by a friend, it was over 11 hours and 475 miles. He raced the world champion and they landed 3 miles apart. Awesome article about it here:

To set a hang gliding distance record, Jonny Durand and Dustin Martin set out last July from Zapata, Tex., and headed north as far as the warm winds would take them.
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I like the motorsport tricolors under the wing. Nice touch!

Comment

Working...
                          X