Welding table build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding table build thread

Finally got around to building a welding table. We had these four 9 3/4" x 36" slats lying around the shop and decided to use them for a welding table. They are 1" thick. I wanted this to be able to roll around and be stationary so I decided to use a boat jack on one side and fixed casters on the other. It's not done yet but here's some pics

Boat jack

Tabs for the slats up top. I threaded some holes in the slats.

It moves so easily!

Boat jack also folds away

I like it man, looks awesome. I am going to be making one soon since my current one is wood topped, it can get a little smelly sometimes. I may just use a couple of ideas I see here.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
      I like it man, looks awesome. I am going to be making one soon since my current one is wood topped, it can get a little smelly sometimes. I may just use a couple of ideas I see here.

Thanks man. I was on a wooden table too and I burnt a few too many holes in it so it was time for something a little heavier-duty. I think this 1" thick stuff will work ;)

The boat jack is a great solution if you plan on moving it around but want it to be stable when using it. It is from Northertool.com (along with the casters). It was like $19...I plan on putting some time of clamp rack on it and maybe a TIG filler rod organizer.

Comment

Those casters dont look very substantial be careful if your going to be putting a lot of weight on this thing..... I dont think those will hold up really well. They look suspiciously like the ones I built some moving dollies out of and those didnt last 2 house hold moves just moving normal furniture and holding up a 5KW gen set when not pulling moving duty.

Other wise looks great.................
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Those casters dont look very substantial be careful if your going to be putting a lot of weight on this thing..... I dont think those will hold up really well. They look suspiciously like the ones I built some moving dollies out of and those didnt last 2 house hold moves just moving normal furniture and holding up a 5KW gen set when not pulling moving duty.

Other wise looks great.................
          Thanks for the comments/worries. The casters are rated at +600lbs each (not very high) but we don't plan on using it for super heavy things. We'll see how they hold up. Luckily they are easily changeable if we ever need to.

Comment

Well done mate, love it. Great idea with the boat wheel. I would not have thought of that.

Comment

Working...
            X