Sailing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sailing...

any of your dapper gentlemen ever hit up the open water and go sailing?

my stepfather owns and sails a 28foot C&C schooner.

gets it up running at a pretty good clip, and angle to snap some cool shots like this

Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

we leased a 40 ft sail boat on lake superior for a week about 10 years ago. Im no sailor but we had a dude along that knew his stuff. That was one of the most fun weeks Ive had ..Perfect weather, sleeping on the deck at night
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

We get drunk on a pontoon in Smith Mtn Lake from time to time.

Does that count?
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

A friend of mine is learning, and he takes me along to run the jib and drink beers. It's a good time.. in 2 weeks we're upgrading to a bigger boat than the 22-foot trainers we've been taking out so far.
        cars beep boop

Comment

I raced and still own an old yellow Lightning at Cherry Creek Res in Denver, been sailing Capri '22s and the such up here since I moved to Portland. Sailing on the Columbia is awesome.
          sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
            any of your dapper gentlemen ever hit up the open water and go sailing?

my stepfather owns and sails a 28foot C&C schooner.

gets it up running at a pretty good clip, and angle to snap some cool shots like this

Nice heel btw. C&C builds a hell of a boat.
            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
              Reminds me of the Jamiroquai video "Virtual Insanity"
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                Reminds me of the Jamiroquai video "Virtual Insanity"
                Thanks, that song will be stuck in my head for the next 4 days.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

J24's and on my brothers Mumm36.

Comment

Hell yes!

2nd place Naval District Washington. Bowline up baby!

Comment

Ranger 29, sold. :( Great old girl that was a pleasure to sail, several trips to the Bahamas drinking and trolling for kings on the old girl.

Knocked around on things from a Catalina 22 to a Morgan 40 and some oddballs like a junk rigged custom and a 1921 Hershoff 65.

I miss sailing. Your not doing it right until the contents of the cabin selves are in the sole.

I want a Catalina 30 tall rig. Nice, beamy boat that sails great and is a easy one manner.

Comment

In before epic sailor stories from the maestro of the seven seas.

Comment

Sailing is pretty fun. Did it for a week at the florid keys. It was pretty cool. I prefer sailing out with friends on lake Lanier though

Comment

The summer of 1994 I sailed the 188 foot barquentine SV Concordia from San Francisco to Hilo Hawaii, to Victoria BC. It was an amazing experience. I had a couple interesting moments that could have ended in a very bad way. The most exciting was where I was sitting in a bosun's chair about 80 feet above the deck greasing the track for the mainsail when the person at the helm started watching what I was doing rather than where we were going. The boat started to tack and the next thing I knew, there was a very large amount of canvas headed in my direction. Obviously I had nowhere to go so I kicked off the sail and hung on. Things got settled down and I went back to the task at hand. The other incident was during a night sail maneuver. I was stationed on the clew of the Royal sail, the highest one up the foremast, way out on the very end. To get there you made your way up the mast about 90 feet, then slid out the yard arm till you got to the end of the cable you stand on. From there you take a big step out onto a simple piece of rope that flaps in the wind. During the day its not too bad, but the first time I did it at night I couldn't see the thing to save my life (It real dark 1000 miles from any shore) and I missed the rope on my first try. Luckily I was wearing a safety harness and I caught myself before I started to actually fall. The second try I didn't miss and made the step. Yeah, that scared the crap out of me.

I shot this from the first landing on the foremast.

This is looking forward from the same place.

I always wanted to go back as part of the paid crew but a couple years ago Concordia was sunk by a sudden massive downdraft of wind that knocked it over to where it took on water, started to right itself then continued to roll over somewhere in the Atlantic ocean off Brazil. Everyone got off the boat and was saved.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                            X