No announcement yet.

Isuzu Trooper thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got pushed back to this upcoming morning.

If all goes well, I'm going to buy it. After all the research I've done it seems to be a solid buy.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Purchased this morning, bringing it home tomorrow. Stay tuned!
      No E30 Club
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I love this truck!

As I picked it up:

It had a high idle, Check engine light. But the body came equipped with great paint and not a spot of rust. The frame itself is covered in surface rust unfortunately, but I can put a stop to that.

After a few hours of vacuuming, washing, and waxing, this is the result:

Then I figured out how to get the ECM to tell me what it wanted.

So about $100 later, I had installed an IAC, TPS, and ECT sensor. Goodbye CEL, Goodbye high idle, hello excellent running vehicle!

Also gave it some M1 15w50 to drink.

Thanks for the advice everyone, we're off to an excellent start!

Going to order some Goodyear Duratracs in 265/75r16's this week. Setting it up right for DD status rain, shine, or snow.
        No E30 Club

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but I found a 2001 locally with 94k. problem is its a no start....I did research and it sounds like there are issues wit hthe anti theft system....anyone shed some light on this, thought I might go see if I can get it fired up.
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Do it, then we shall rename this the "Official poor mans Land Rover" thread.
            No E30 Club

Comment

OP IS A FAGGOOO..... wait, actually. Good job OP. Good job.

Comment

Sweet ride!
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Please get that up on the train jacks!

And seriously Iron Freak, totally worth looking into it. The 20xx body style is great. The motors are solid (pretty sure sure still a honda built 6cyl). Only thing I was disappointed with my rodeo was the torsion bar suspension, got a little boost in rode hight but not an easy job to lift for off road tom foolery. Great SUV for the $.
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

Yipee,

Just learned how to get rid of the o2 light. I thought something was strange, as I am not getting a code and the o2 sensor looks new. Apparently the light comes on at 90k intervals. After work I'll be flipping the hidden switch on the back of the instrument cluster and it shall go away!

Also got some mud on the tires today. Did some exploring down a trail I pass on my way to the yard every day. I'll go back tomorrow but bring my camera this time.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

Manual transmission!? Very nice! Looks great!

There's an older one here, round headlamps, and a friend texted me about a Range Rover FS down the road from me.

I got all giddy and went to the location and was promptly disappointed.

That said, if anyone is interested in a mid 80s Trooper, I know where a black one it and ca check it out.
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                        Manual transmission!? Very nice! Looks great!

There's an older one here, round headlamps, and a friend texted me about a Range Rover FS down the road from me.

I got all giddy and went to the location and was promptly disappointed.

That said, if anyone is interested in a mid 80s Trooper, I know where a black one it and ca check it out.
                        Range Rover for lyfe brah.
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                          Those 1st gens do look sweet, but the powertrain sucks.

Ordered some 2" coil spacers tonight. Ordering Duratrac's in 265/7516 tomorrow. They will fit without a lift, but from what I have seen with a 2" lift in the rear and torsen bar tweak, it should be tits.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

On their way. Should be mounted up on saturday!
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Those should work nicely....

Looks like this nailed all the requirements for the new family vehicle!
                              Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

Nice I have owned many Isuzu's over the years 87 trooper II, 89 Troopers RS 2 door short wheel base very rare, 1994 rodeo & 1995 with a Dana 44 SAS
                                1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                                2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                                2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Working...
                                X