First speeding ticket since I was 18.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First speeding ticket since I was 18.

So I guess it's only fitting that the first speeding ticket I recieved in six years was in my E30.

For those of you familiar with Knoxville, TN I got snagged on Middlebrook going east to work at UT. The officer that tagged me got me for 50 in a 35 close to the Pepsi distributor where the speed changes from 55 to 35 before the RR tracks.

After talking to a cop buddy the guy that got me is appearently known for tagging people during morning rush hour on busy roads in speed zones. I would wine about it but I was going much faster than 55 before he tagged me so I had it coming to me.

I guess it's time for a radar detector. :)
    Last edited by RobertK; 03-07-2006, 02:26 PM.

fight it in court. No matter how guilty you are, go to court anyway. First ticket in 6 yrs? They'll probably just let you off.

Comment

What should I do to fight it? Someone told me to reschedule it and hope the office doesn't show up but that's alot of trouble just to chance it.

I can get off with driving school for $85 and keep the points off my record.

It just pisses me off how some cops just perch in places like that. It should be illegal to sit in a place right where the speed limit changes and give people tickets.

Can get a radar detector but I would need one that is good for city driving. Anybody have some suggestions?

Comment

so how old are you now, 19? ;)

edit: read the thread, nm :)
        San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
          What should I do to fight it? Someone told me to reschedule it and hope the office doesn't show up but that's alot of trouble just to chance it.

I can get off with driving school for $85 and keep the points off my record.

It just pisses me off how some cops just perch in places like that. It should be illegal to sit in a place right where the speed limit changes and give people tickets.

Can get a radar detector but I would need one that is good for city driving. Anybody have some suggestions?
          The two best radar detectors in the world are implanted in the front of your head.

But if you insist on one, my vote goes for the Passport 8500 X50. Just because you can actually buy one somewhere and not either have to order it direct from the manufacturer or buy it on eBay and worry about if it's stolen, what shape it's in, if it works, etc.

My X50 in red cost me $275 at Best Buy a while back.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Get a V1, and only a V1. Dont waste your money on anything else.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

In Idaho, I got off because the cop caught me goin 48 in a 35, but it was within 100 ft of the sign signifying the speed limit change.

I was let off because I was still within 100 ft of the sign - you have 100 ft after passing the sign to adjust your speed.

I would check into that.
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

check out www.radartest.com to help you decide.

I have spent time with both the v1 and the x50.

I choose the x50 hands down- It has lot and lots of options, you can adjust the brightness and volume, and depending on the road i'm traveling, I often times get warnings a mile a head of the threat.

The arrows on the v1 are nice, but thats about the only thing i found nice about it. At night its way too bright, if you have somebody sleeping in your car, you cant change the volume, I just dont like it as much.

The x50 is cheaper too.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Go to traffic school. Less trouble than trying to beat a measly 85 buck ticket.
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

Traffic school kicks ass if you get pegged with the points. But I'd still try fighting it first

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo
                      The arrows on the v1 are nice, but thats about the only thing i found nice about it. At night its way too bright, if you have somebody sleeping in your car, you cant change the volume, I just dont like it as much.
                      I'm almost positive you can change the volume.

Comment

Originally posted by thejimlab
                        fight it in court. No matter how guilty you are, go to court anyway. First ticket in 6 yrs? They'll probably just let you off.
                        very true!
                        Marc Enriquez
                        www.revtechracing.com

Comment

Which radar detector is best for inner city driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Werksmini
                            Get a V1, and only a V1. Dont waste your money on anything else.

And go to court no matter what. Worst thing that can happen is that you just do that inexpensive driving school and don't have to worry about insurance points.

Comment

My vote is for the V1 too. Cant change the volume?? LOL! Sure you can. It does a lot of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X