Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Their website has a lot more info. It only works if it is within 25 feet of your phone. If it loses connection for your phone, it deactivates and becomes unusable until your phone is in range again.

They also don't store any card info on their servers, it's all stored on the card.

Thing is, it's $100.

Leave a comment:

• august125
    replied
    I preordered one a while ago. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Leave a comment:

• UNHCLL
    replied
    I don't believe company "Coin" actually holds any of your card information? They validate it through the app on your phone, and everything is stored on the Coin/your Cell phone.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    It just seems like a convenient one stop shop for criminals and other would be ne'er-do-wells.

Leave a comment:

• UNHCLL
    replied
    Battery life is estimated at 2 years, if you swipe/change the selected card of use somewhere around 20x a day.
    When the battery goes bad, you must replace the card. There is no "recharge."

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tripp
    replied
    Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
    Yea, I am not going to let another 3rd party company have all my financial card numbers.
    Yep, this is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe if some one with a little more history did it such as visa or amex. How do I charge it?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    Yea, I am not going to let another 3rd party company have all my financial card numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    That certainly does look convenient.

Leave a comment:

• Pantless Spency
    started a topic "coin" debit/credit/gift card.

"coin" debit/credit/gift card.

who's gonna get one?
    i'm tempted, it seems to damn awesome/baller/convenient.

i wonder what powers it, and how long the life of the battery is.
Working...
X