Heavy Duty Cell Phone Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy Duty Cell Phone Cases

I've got a Motorola Droid RAZR, and when I first got it I grabbed an Otterbox Defender to go along with it. Two cracked Gorilla-Glass screens later... and I'm looking for a new case at this point. I'm obviously a bit rough on my electronics, so I'd like to find something metal and with decent screen protection. Any thoughts/recommendations?

i think the otterbox maybe your best bet for a RAZR. The only other case I know of that could take a beating are "LifeProof" cases afaik are only available for iphone/pad and galaxy S.

http://www.lifeproof.com/en/

What do you do to be so hard on your phone? Do you constantly run it over with your car? lol

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

take care of your shit

- guy using a naked iphone 64gb 5s with no warranty since september with not a single scratch
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

I may just have to try a new Otterbox, maybe the Commuter series, and see how that goes. I love the LifeProof cases, I wish they made one for my phone.

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
        take care of your shit
        I know, prevention/care is definitely the best option, but stupid accidents do happen and I like having the extra protection.

Comment

take care of your shit

- guy using a naked iphone 64gb 5s with no warranty since september with not a single scratch
          Yeah seriously. Had my iPhone 4 since it came out (2010) and got rid of my case after the first 3 months. Secret to not cracking the screen? Don't drop it. How hard is it to be responsible and careful?

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
          2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

take care of your shit

Originally posted by Conki View Post
            Yeah seriously. Had my iPhone 4 since it came out (2010) and got rid of my case after the first 3 months. Secret to not cracking the screen? Don't drop it. How hard is it to be responsible and careful?
            lol.
            You guys sound exactly how I did a few months ago, hella ignant and shit.
            Always told my friends they're gay for rocking a case, but man when you're sporting some sweat pants; that fucker will jump out right when you shut your door and become an apple sandwich.
            axe me how I know :-|

but still, fuck cases

Comment

I used to have the habit of getting out of the car with my phone on my lap. Moral of the story dont text and drive...

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I've had my phone for 2 years now. Never used a case or screen protector and there isn't a single scratch on the screen. The exterior of the phone is scuffed up and has some scratches, but it still works perfectly.

How people break cells phones on a regular basis eludes me. God help you if you ever have children.

Comment

Is there a otterbox for children? I may need a 10 pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I have a the same phone as you, my otter box does great on it. I just have a screen protector, I get MIG splatter sometimes, that helps a ton.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                      How people break cells phones on a regular basis eludes me. God help you if you ever have children.
                      At this point in my life... oh god, chid'rens. :( Scary shit for me right there.

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                      Is there a otterbox for children? I may need a 10 pack.
                      Now THERE's a product idea.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                        I have a the same phone as you, my otter box does great on it. I just have a screen protector, I get MIG splatter sometimes, that helps a ton.
                        Maybe i'll get some additional screen protector or something with a new Otterbox and see if that helps out.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamPlaysDrums View Post
                          I may just have to try a new Otterbox, maybe the Commuter series, and see how that goes. I love the LifeProof cases, I wish they made one for my phone.
                          They commuter series provides less protection the the defender series you have now.

Sent from my GS4 Active
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I think the real question here is, does Adam REALLY play the drums?
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Conki View Post
                              that's what I say. Straight retards with phones tho
                              Just think of it as your computer, if you drop that shit from 3ft, it isn't going to work right or be kosher after
                              "I wanna see da boat movie"
                              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                              X