No announcement yet.

$9425 closer to being DEBT FREE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not denying that clientel look at track record most importantly, but you still need to sell yourself. Im not saying taking out a rediculous car payment either, but finanancing a decent car is not going to hurt you.
    Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236
      Im not denying that clientel look at track record most importantly, but you still need to sell yourself. Im not saying taking out a rediculous car payment either, but finanancing a decent car is not going to hurt you.
      Actions do speak louder than words though.. most people looking to invest already understand that Rome was not built in a day. In retrospec, taking out a loan to buy a nice new car when you acknowlege the fact that it's a bad investment, it's like saying it's ok to throw money away that you don't really have to begin with.

I guess the point I was trying to get across is that you can save enough money in a short amount of time to buy a nice used luxury car with cash. Let someone else take the depreciation hit in the ass.

When it comes to selling yourself to people, unless you're a traveling salesmen, I doubt a nice new car will really make a difference. Never made a difference to my friend's dad. Fianacial planners let their investment numbers and track record do 90% of the talking. I would say you car would matter to about .5% of the people you meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
        Nah.. you can buy a 10 year old Honda these days that MIGHT need a new timing belt and that's it. If you buy a car that's 4-5 years old that "needs stuff" already then you bought a VW or a Ford.

I don't like the fact that I bought a 02 Galant but I did buy it 2 years used and now it's 4 years old and all it's ever needed was 4 new spark plugs and a set of tires.
        Hondas are not impervious to repairs....

Comment

Originally posted by Z3Jonathan
          Hondas are not impervious to repairs....
          No one said they were.. they just tend to need less of them..

of course repairing a car is not a big deal unless you are going through engines or transmissions left and right for no good reason.

I guess what some of us are getting at with the depreciation and warranty repair cost on a new car is this. If you buy a car 2 years used like the IS300 mentioned earlier and you blow the engine up it will cost alot less than $16k to replace.

I don't know anyone that would say they have thousands per year to throw away in the name of convenience. However, I do have many friends that do it unknowingly.

To break down the math it's like this:

Average New Car Price = $25,000
          Average New Car Depreciation in 4 years = $15,000 (or $3750/yr. or $72/wk.)

Average Repair Maintenance Cost in comparable reliable 4-5/yr used car = $1000-$1500 if that

Bascially when you buy a new car.. you might be buying convenience but you're betting the dealer$15,000 that it will break down in the next 4 years and the dealer payout in repair cost is alot less than that if you win the bet.

Comment

Working...
          X