So, umm, who saw southpark tonite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, umm, who saw southpark tonite?

Apparently they were pretty pissed at Issac Hayes. The fallout should be entertaining.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

It was awesome. I love how when shit goes down, within 7 days there is a new episode making fun of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
      Apparently they were pretty pissed at Issac Hayes. The fallout should be entertaining.
      fill us lesser folk (ie working right now) in...

Comment

They must have really cranked this one out because it was OBVIOUS it was directed toward his leaving.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's on at 10pm tonight. I'll be sure to catch it.

Comment

Spoiler below!

I didnt want to give it away but they killed chef. He joined this "club" that had an odd founder (format was almost identical to that of the "In the closet" episode). Chef was brainwashed into being a child molester. They used old clips of his voice. The kids went to go get chef back and he chose to be iwth the cult. He fell from a bridge, died, and then the "club" made him into darth vader. I guess now they have a new character with a different voice.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
              fill us lesser folk (ie working right now) in...
              Isaac Hayes quit South Park because they made fun of Scientologists, which he is.

Trey Parker called him out on being more prejudice than the show ever was, since Scientology was basically the last of many religions they mocked. Kind of a hypocrit for not caring when they made fun of other religions, but quit because his got made fun of.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart

I didnt want to give it away but they killed chef. He joined this "club" that had an odd founder (format was almost identical to that of the "In the closet" episode). Chef was brainwashed into being a child molester. They used old clips of his voice. The kids went to go get chef back and he chose to be iwth the cult. He fell from a bridge, died, and then the "club" made him into darth vader. I guess now they have a new character with a different voice.
                I KNEW that's what they were going to do. They had to kill him, there's no way they could continue the character with someone else's voice. They should have had him have like a twin brother or something, and have Barry White do his voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                  Barry White
                  Uh, he's dead.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
                    Uh, he's dead.
                    Oh yeah, duh...

Well, maybe they should play the angle that came up in the Indain burial ground pet store episode, and used Chef's opposite from the alternate dimension, a skinny, white accountant.

Comment

Yeah it was said a week or so ago

I cant imagine how this will come out, using his voice still and all, but its going to be awesome lol
                      Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

It blows me away that a group of people can dedicate their lives to a religion created by a science-fiction author (who believes that he is the reincarnated soul of a being sent to warn the earth of an intergalactic holocaust), based on the idea that millions of creatures from other planets were kidnapped in spaceships that look like Douglas DC-9's (with rocket engines), frozen, and dumped into earth's volcanoes, their souls escaping only being trapped in giant soul catchers built in the sky...

...and not be considered a cult.

Comment

It has nothing to do with the Scientology Ryan.

Isaac is moving on to bigger things, it's time for him to grow from his role as Chef on South Park.

He's now featured as a spokesperson for Lay's potato chips - and I think this will really help bring him out of typecasting and broaden his horizons.

I, for one, wish him luck and hope to see him in more challenging roles like the Lay's commercials!

Comment

Are you on crack? He said it was because of their ridicule of religion. Basically, he was cool with it but the cult told him to leave. He never mentioned a problem with their take on religions beforehand.

scientology = moron.
                            Im now E30less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                              It has nothing to do with the Scientology Ryan.

Isaac is moving on to bigger things, it's time for him to grow from his role as Chef on South Park.
                              Bullshit. He has never expressed one SINGLE issue with anything the show has ever done, until they did the Scientology episode. He's a Scientologist. There's no way you can tell me that is coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X