F40 doing non F40 things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
    The old guy in the Ferrari jacket and hat cracks me up.
    Though there are a lot of posers and fanboy owners, he's a retired Ferrari factory driver... And the car is an F40 LM, one of 17 in the world, which is one of his personal cars. And though not the same chassis numerically it's a car he raced for Ferrari back in the day. He was also a factory driver for Porsche, and presently does race coaching and instructs for Mercedes. He also has a bunch of decals and whatnot on the car and jacket because he still retains sponsorships. I agree it looks pretty ridiculous, but he's an awesome guy and man can he drive. I've ridden with numerous race drivers, and it's on a completely different level.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
      Though there are a lot of posers and fanboy owners, he's a retired Ferrari factory driver... And the car is an F40 LM, one of 17 in the world, which is one of his personal cars. And though not the same chassis numerically it's a car he raced for Ferrari back in the day. He was also a factory driver for Porsche, and presently does race coaching and instructs for Mercedes. He also has a bunch of decals and whatnot on the car and jacket because he still retains sponsorships. I agree it looks pretty ridiculous, but he's an awesome guy and man can he drive. I've ridden with numerous race drivers, and it's on a completely different level.
      i am on a whole different level of arousal and jealousy now

Comment

Honestly, if you have an F40 you can pretty much do whatever you damn well please.
        2011 1M Alpine white/black
        1996 Civic white/black
        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

2 r3v members in this pic...

Not showing up for me *shrug*

Guy in the middle is the son of the Ferrari ex-dealer in brussels. Now him and his dad run a hi-end restauration shop in SC. Blew my mind some of the issues he runs into such as "the head from this xyz rare car has become poreous, no replacements available, i've contacted this expert at a company who builds heads for nascar, and they could CNC a new head for me at roughly 35k a pop"

yeah both r3v members (not in Ferrari swag) are by far the most low rent people in that shot :)
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Not talking shit, just amused by the pic. Not as amusing with the newfound context though. And yes, if you're a bit older and own and drive an F40, I agree you can do what you damn well please.
            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
            Originally posted by mbonanni
            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
            X