Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I R3V'd my e39 - now parting out

And the culprit

So I was on my way to take the highway back home after a disappointing trivia night with some friends. Go to turn onto the entrance ramp when all of a sudden I just go straight. And my straight i literally mean like an arrow into the guard rail.

Can't figure out what happened as I took the ramp at the same I have hundreds of times before and there was no rain or snow on the road. i wasn't on the phone or texting or doing anything other than heading to walmart to grab a few things since I was in the area. All that I noticed the next day was an awful lot of gravel with tire tracks that were obviously turned but not griping.

Good news is that it was fully covered. Bad news is that I'm pretty sure its totaled and am sensing I won't get much for it...sigh
    Last edited by Swanny; 04-11-2014, 05:13 AM. Reason: Update original title
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Agreed...Chris, if you find anything floating around your way I'd be more than happy to come down for a visit!
      Swanny!
      SUCKERS.

Comment

Broke my heart after you called me, loved riding in that soccer Mom wagon. That makes the e30 #1 again...
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Sounds like something in your suspension may have come loose or broke.

Sorry to hear man, that blows. :(

Comment

That's too bad. I like E39.

Glad to hear you're ok though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
            sigpic
            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              Sounds like something in your suspension may have come loose or broke.
              That's what I was thinking. Sucks man, but at least you're OK.
              88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
              We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Aww, that really sucks. Sounds like suspension to me too, like a tie rod end gave up or something. I know exactly how you feel as the same situation happened to me this January, but in my case it was because of a layer of ice underneath wet snow at the crest of a hill.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I thought maybe VANOS kicked in.

I'm glad to see you're okay, and at least you'll get something for her.

Comment

That sucks, but at least you're ok - no oak tree/18-wheeler in the way at that moment.

may be selling our 540iT soon if you need a replacement Toorink-Vagon :o)

Comment

Sucks !!!! Glad to see your ok.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I have a list of potential replacement vehicles being put together. One is another e39 wagon but red. Got some calling around to do. Brandon, we still on for wed/thur for some major assembly work?
                        Swanny!
                        SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                          Agreed...Chris, if you find anything floating around your way I'd be more than happy to come down for a visit!
                          If you see anything on the local CL or classifieds LMK. I can give it a once-over and help you decide if it's worth a full PPI. PM me for info on that. ;)
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

takin one for the e30. good to see e39 doing it's job
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Get a clown shoe, They don't disappoint!
                              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Working...
                              X