Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal preference. Instead of bashing someone for what they like maybe just look the other way. I don't believe in a god, but you don't see me posting how people who do believe in a higher power are stupid.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Bro, do what you want to do. I won't be working any kind of corporate anything ever either. It'll never be my thing.
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

OP can do whatever he likes to his body. I'm sure he will be able to find plenty of employment opportunities along the way with or without gauges.

That being said, there is avery distinct difference between a job and a career. Which would you rather have more opportunities for? Jobs paying an hourly rate with limited growth potential, or a salary based career with growth potential and most likely superior benefits?

You only get one shot at a first impression. While personal expression is your right, a potential employer has the right to craft an opinion about your gauges or even have a contractual clause forbidding such expression(such as the example that was mentioned earlier in this thread).

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
          It depends on what line of work you're in. In my field, career advancement is largely centered around networking and internal recommendations at the good places to work. A few seconds and a handshake might be all you get to make your impression... and you have to make it count. Most of the time the people with the power to help you are significantly older.

Long term, it could be the difference between 200k/year with 19 days off every month, or half the money for a third more work.
          Presently, yest this is true, but I'm just saying things will be better when the people who wouldn't recommend you based on a hole in your ear are dead and or out of the workplace. And Cale.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
            That being said, there is avery distinct difference between a job and a career. Which would you rather have more opportunities for? Jobs paying an hourly rate with limited growth potential, or a salary based career with growth potential and most likely superior benefits?

You only get one shot at a first impression. While personal expression is your right, a potential employer has the right to craft an opinion about your gauges or even have a contractual clause forbidding such expression(such as the example that was mentioned earlier in this thread).
            Oh, jesus. I look all normal and whatnot, but if I ever put my self below a "career" I would be an unhappy person. I get the feeling that OP will be just fine.

Also, if I wanted a custom car/bike/anything built for me, it would almost certainly be by a tattooed up, gauged ear, madman genius (with limited potential). Not a suit wearing career man (unlimited potential).
            Originally posted by Andy.B
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
              Presently, yest this is true, but I'm just saying things will be better when the people who wouldn't recommend you based on a hole in your ear are dead and or out of the workplace. And Cale.
              You're cute. I was simply using this as an opportunity to poke fun at dreamchasin and his uniqueness, I'm glad you got all rustled as well.
              Last edited by cale; 04-21-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                Oh, jesus. I look all normal and whatnot, but if I ever put my self below a "career" I would be an unhappy person. I get the feeling that OP will be just fine.

Also, if I wanted a custom car/bike/anything built for me, it would almost certainly be by a tattooed up, gauged ear, madman genius (with limited potential). Not a suit wearing career man (unlimited potential).
                Machine shop work aside... it is still a legitimate career issue for some lines of work. If two pilots apply for a job, who do you think is getting hired? The guy who looks military-trained with haircut and conceal-able tattos, or the guy with a face full of metal? My money is on the military guy, and it seems the airlines agree with me. From the uniform section of our Flight Operations Manual...

- Piercings: Simple earrings may be worn by female pilots. All other piercings shall not be visible.
                - Tattoos shall not be visible.
                Males:
                - Hair shall be above the shirt collar, not covering any part of the ears, and sideburns shall not be lower than the middle of the ear.
                - Beards, goatees, or soul patches are not permitted. Mustaches shall be neat and trimmed with no extreme style permitted.

Comment

Things will be better when pilots can show up to take the controls of essentially 200+ lives with neck tattoos and dreadlocks. And not cale

Comment

...and he lived happily ever after with his mom. Thee end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                      I work for people with more money than this forum has posts. I do not have tattoos, piercings or pieces of delrin in my body.
                      QFT

Short-term thinking is short term.
                      2011 1M Alpine white/black
                      1996 Civic white/black
                      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

00 here. I held a job as the Assistant Operations Manager of one of the bigger security companies here in Phoenix. They make flesh colored silicone plugs that sit flush with your ear and actually do a pretty good job of covering up the holes if you get a color that matches your skin tone.

I have tattoos too, which I covered with Tat Jacket.

I work in a warehouse now, but I make more money there and don't have to shave or hide my shit so fuck it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Blunt would love all the holes on this one

Originally posted by blunttech
                          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                          :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            Things will be better when pilots can show up to take the controls of essentially 200+ lives with neck tattoos and dreadlocks. And not cale
                            And how do either of those affect the ability to pilot an airplane? Besides your silly bias against anyone who doesn't make the same choices you do, of course.
                            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                            Originally posted by mbonanni
                            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I love the, "I like being able to get a normal job" response. Goes to show how ignorant people can be. By normal job, do you mean a boring job sitting in a cubical, having to wear a monkey suit every day, being harassed by corporate management??

Because I have guaged ears, tats on my arms and my labret is pierced and I make damn good money as the parts manager at a very reputable body shop.

OP, can you make a set in 0g? I'll take a pair of so!
                              1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

$13/hr is not good money

Sent from my Samsung Note 3
                                '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                                '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Working...
                                X