No announcement yet.

Bartender/Drink Enthusiasts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind a good cocktail. I also like that Smirnoff commercial with the bearded dude, because I identify with the bearded dude and not the reverse smugness of the guy who snatches the bottle of Smirnoff away.

You're missing out on a lot of awesome cocktails if you think "Smirnoff over ice", "Jack and Coke", or Vodka/cran (Cape Codder) is a go-to. You can make that at home.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      I don't mind a good cocktail. I also like that Smirnoff commercial with the bearded dude, because I identify with the bearded dude and not the reverse smugness of the guy who snatches the bottle of Smirnoff away.

You're missing out on a lot of awesome cocktails if you think "Smirnoff over ice", "Jack and Coke", or Vodka/cran (Cape Codder) is a go-to. You can make that at home.
      I'll take a Sazerac my good man.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Op, DO NOT GO TO BARTENDING SCHOOL. I've worked in restaurants and bars in boston for 10 years. You never hire someone who went to bartending school. If you want to break into the industry get a job as a barback. You'll get treated like dirt for two years but you really need to pay your dues.

Do some research, if you're serious about bartending find out what some of the more respected spots are around you. Set your sights on them. If you end up at some Podunk place it's Kindof a cycle that's hard to break.

Teach yourself the classics. Spirits have a long history and should be respected. Have fun, have respect for what you're doing, but avoid the pitfall of becoming pretentious. It's fairly easy when you're in the thick of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X