What to do London and Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Paris is amazing, but it's also a massive city of 10+ million people. So do a bit of research on what areas you want to see because you'll never see even 5% of it in 2 days.
    -Yes the Eiffel Tower is "touristy" but it's also incredibly fucking awesome and totally worth it.
    -Dusk river cruises along the Sein are fun.
    -The Louve is big enough to spend a whole week in, so skip it. Walk from the Louve all the way down the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. It takes a few hours and you get to see some of the great sights of the city.
    -There's a sweet Citroen museum along the right hand side of the Champs as you walk towards the Arc, check it out. They have some badass old expedition vehicles.
    -Even those hop on/off tourist buses are a great way to pack in all the big sights in a short time. Ride the Metro, it's a fucking trip.
    -Notre Dam is fun, but St Chapels is even more impressive IMO and has 1/10th the lines.
    -And if you're in to military stuff, the Military Museum and Napoleon's Tomb are out of this world, cool fucking stuff.
    all really good advice
    you could also go to Rue Cler in the morning for pastries and coffee. you can grab what you want among the various stores and then grab a seat at one of the sidewalk cafe's for coffee while you eat what you bought elsewhere. plus its close to the Eifel Tower which is awesome.

believe it or not, a cuisine revolution is happening amongst England's pubs. ditch you stereotype about English food cause some of it is first rate.
    and I would highly recommend the London Eye. totally touristy but fucking great view of the city.

recommendation. when you're being a tourist somewhere, go do the touristy things, they're usually fun and worthwhile.
    Last edited by gwb72tii; 10-23-2014, 01:01 PM.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Make sure you don't catch a Malaysia Airline on the way over. Is it too soon for a meme? Well I don't care anyways so here it is.
      Attached Files

Comment

When I was in Paris this summer a few things my gf and I really enjoyed were:
        -Visiting and eating in small bakeries/cheese/pastry shops away from the center of the city which had great hand/home made food that was cheap and fun
        - like mentioned above, the Eiffel Tower truly is magnificent, and even though we didn't go up it, it is 100% worth seeing
        - champs élysées is fun to walk up and down but beware of pick pockets (this actually goes for everywhere in the city) and extremely expensive everything. The dealerships there are awesome (we walked into Renault, Citroen, puergeot, and Toyota) and all have some race/ vintage cars in them.
        - enjoy at least one truly French dinner/lunch at one of the cliche cafes.
        -louvre is huge but if you are into historic art there are some famous pieces in there (Mona Lisa, code of Hammurabi)
        - notre dames line was too long didn't go in
        - the lock bridge is awesome
        - my general rule of thumb when traveling is that if anyone who you don't know (especially in big euro cities like paris) approaches you they are try to scam you or sell you crap.
        - take the metro and smell all of the wonderful smells of the homeless man that is crammed up against ur face
        - take the hop on hop of tour, you see everything there is to see touristy wise in a couple hours, them u choose your favorite and explore
        - make an effort to speed French to people there and they will respect you more and not like a dumb American

I was only in London for one night but saw all the famous sites which are all within walking distance of each other.
        Also it's stupid expensive there. Worse than Paris. But still fun!

Have fun dude! Stoked for you!

-NICK

Comment

Whatever city you're in that isn't your home and native land, you're a tourist.
          It's OK to be a tourist. It takes imagination and a bit of courage to travel at all, so don't be ashamed to gawk or not know the local knowledge. Be curious, get out there and let the locals laugh at you, or even buy your Calvados.
          In return, help the tourists when they come to your town.
          Signed; SubDad, who has been laughed at on all the continents.
          Last edited by SubDad; 10-24-2014, 08:14 PM. Reason: Well,except Antarctica, but penguins seem the drool, dry humour type, not actual laughter.

Comment

Check out the old churches in both London and Paris. They are amazingly beautiful and many of them are technically not capable of standing if you put them in a computer model lol
            The food in London sucks for the most part. But go have a beer in a local pub if you have time.
            Iv never been to Paris, but I have spent a decent amount of time in London. To bad you dont have time to check out the D-day beaches in Normandy because they are bone chilling from both sides of the fortifications.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

^

Essentially. Just go to a bar and start talking to anyone. You'll start knowing people so quick you'll have the local experience in no time. A lot of people are so speak easy there.

Comment

update:
                Paris was cool
                London sucks (everyone is really ugly?)
                Originally posted by TSI
                ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                OEM+

Comment

cool story bro
                  Originally posted by LJ851
                  I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
                  X