Amazon Echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Echo

I could be late to the party but what are you guys thoughts on this? http://www.amazon.com/oc/echo/ref_=ods_dp_ae
    Think a mini, commercialized version of Tony Starks Jarvis without all the bells and whistles.. Interested to see what this could do. Although if it had facebook messenger type permission requests I could see it tanking. Thoughts?
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

My first thought is...well, I wish it had wheels and could follow me around. Or was cheap enough you would just put on in every room. Second thought is...why can't this just be a cell phone app?

So it's basically a cell phone and a mini speaker. Hmmmm.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Aleady parodied.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I'm thinking about picking one up and adding a pre-out and connecting it to my overhead audio system in the house..

I'm not interested in the speakers or any of that crap, but the automation and 2001: A Space Odyssey part of it has me intrigued.

HAL, Turn on the kitchen light for me. I really hope they release an API

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          My first thought is...well, I wish it had wheels and could follow me around. Or was cheap enough you would just put on in every room. Second thought is...why can't this just be a cell phone app?

So it's basically a cell phone and a mini speaker. Hmmmm.
          Wondering multiple units would work with each other or just all answer the same question at the same time.. Kinda scary thinking about 3 or 4 echo's echoing the answer to a question.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
          I'm thinking about picking one up and adding a pre-out and connecting it to my overhead audio system in the house..

I'm not interested in the speakers or any of that crap, but the automation and 2001: A Space Odyssey part of it has me intrigued.

HAL, Turn on the kitchen light for me. I really hope they release an API

API would be amazing!

No idea why but now I'm actually thinking about getting one and hiding it somewhere just to mess with people.
          Originally posted by csermonet47
          Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X