Paging turf1600..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paging turf1600..

Sorry to shitpost guys but my girlfriend just scored a really cool old camera. It's not working and just wanted some info on it. Is it worth anything? Can you still get film for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keepin it real since 1990

Pretty cool camera. Is it worth anything? Yes.... How much? Depends on condition. Likely around 2 to 3 hundred. Take it to a vintage camera shop in your area. Not sure about film but perhaps this will help. http://www.rolleifilm.com
    Looks to be a pretty cool medium format camera though.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

i would say about 200 bucks in decent shape. that is an early rollei twin lens reflex. by looking at the pix, i would have some concerns about the lenses. they appear to be cloudy. if thats the case, the camera is a paperweight. it still has some value, but would be rendered undesirable to most collectors or unusable to someone who would want to shoot it. unfortunately, the more desirable and expensive rolleis are later, have more features, and larger apertures. i have seen some go for over 4 grand. one unique feature on this one is that the top viewing lens is f2.8, while the "shooting" lens is only f3.5. i don't know a lot about early cameras, but the later ones used matching lenses. i have been looking for one of these for my antique camera collection. the camera takes 120 roll film and yes you can still get it. i would look on line or at the houston camera exchange. you can still get color negative, slide and black and white negative film. i would suggest tmax 400 black and white. you can easily develop it yourself. nice little find bud.
      Last edited by flyboyx; 11-30-2014, 09:23 PM.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

That thing is beautiful.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, going to try and get It working as her Christmas present. Guessing there's no way to fix the lenses? Any idea where I could get some? eBay?

Comment

honestly, just set it on your shelf the way it is and enjoy it as a decoration. if the lenses are as bad as they look in the pix, it probably isn't worth fixing. the focus screen appears to be cracked. that isn't a deal breaker as it will still work with that defect. i did notice you said it didn't work in your initial post. does it have mechanical problems too? you could(as in will) easily have a lot more invested in fixing it than its worth.

if you want to get her a working camera, you will be far ahead to go find one that already works.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Well by "doesn't work" I ment "I don't know how to use it and don't want to fuck anything up" lol. Guess I'll have to take it to the camera exchange and see what the damage is. I know it would probably be better to start off with one that works but this one has sentimental value. It was her grandmothers.

Comment

Working...
              X