Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me fix the Cortina!

Hey all,

So those of you who frequent the Track section may be familiar with the 1965 Lotus Cortina I work on and occasionally race. It's a huge amount of fun and if you haven't seen the videos, feel free to check them out in my sig.

Anywho, we were using the car this past weekend at Summit Point. I was sharing the car with someone, and unfortunately he had an incident during his first session:

We have yet to take a close look at the car, but we're hoping that at the least the suspension towers weren't affected. In the meantime, we're looking for both front fenders, a radiator core support, a headlight grille, headlight trim rings, and a hood for a Mk1 Cortina. We would like to find parts that are straight and almost rust-free, as we want to make the car as perfect as possible.

Feel free to PM me or email at mrspitfire1500@yahoo.com if you have or know of anything we may be able to use.

Thanks,

Mike
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

aww man :( good luck dude.

Comment

Ouch, that hurts. I hate when someone else wrecks the car. Good luck finding the parts. That is my worst nightmare running the Datsun. At least its the end of the year and there aren't many events to miss.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        aww man :( good luck dude.
        Thanks, I'm hoping it won't take too long to find the stuff. Fingers crossed it's mostly cosmetic :???:
        Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        Ouch, that hurts. I hate when someone else wrecks the car. Good luck finding the parts. That is my worst nightmare running the Datsun. At least its the end of the year and there aren't many events to miss.

Will
        Yeah. I mean, technically the car "belongs" to the other driver as much as it does to me because he was the co-owner's stepson, but the Cortina really is my baby in the shop. We'll get it together by the Spring, and I don't believe it was getting used right away next year anyway so hopefully no events will be missed.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

sorry to see this,...
          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Thanks Joel, so was I.

I've got your tire at the shop by the way.

Comment

Dont know how much this would help considering its 3k miles away, thought id pass it to you. If buying the car isnt an option you should contact the guy for a lead, looks like he belongs to a club or group that probably has something for you. Good luck bud.

And no affiliation.

SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Thanks for the link Josh! That is a pretty cool car, but it's a "pre-airflow" car which means it has a different grille and core support than our car. That said, I recently got word of a mysterious man in Berkeley who has stuff under an apartment building...

Comment

Didnt evennotice the difference lol Hopefully you find what you need! Car is too cool and unique to just let go.
                  SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                  IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                  BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                    Didnt evennotice the difference lol Hopefully you find what you need! Car is too cool and unique to just let go.
                    Oh, no worries. The car will 100% get fixed by Spring. :up:

Comment

Awwww that sucks... Hope you find parts I'll let you know if i find some

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                      X