Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ride BMX? Trying to find a specific frame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ride BMX? Trying to find a specific frame...

It's a long shot - but I'm trying to find a Fly Bikes Trueno frame in 'clear raw' 20.6" Copious amounts of googling hasn't produced anything (US based at least), so I'm reaching out to anyone who might know if there's one hanging on the wall at their local shop.

While we're at it, feel free to post your ride. I'll update later with a photo of mine - all black Fly Tierra, brakeless, freecoaster. Love it.

- C

This thread is relevant to my interests. Wish I could help you on the frame, I had a few flys back in the day and they were awesome frames. Last one I rode was the Campillo frame, wish I never sold it.

Few of my favorite riding photos

Bonus e30 content

Current ride is all verde and cinema stuff..and my ugly mug
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

ebay

Get the best deals for fly bikes trueno at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Thanks, but the only one there is a 21" tt, not 20.6". Trust me, I checked.

@Nick_S

I see I'm not the only one who runs KHE macs, although I'm guessing yours are the 2.0s. It's a shame these tires got such a bad rep., now you can't find them anywhere. I was thinking of trying the Fit FAF-K for my next set. Thoughts?

Fly Tierra V2? w/ freecoaster. 17lbs -ish.

Last edited by cwatt; 12-04-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I used to ride BMX heavily a few years ago and have nothing offer you here, but good luck though!
          I never got to try a freecoaster before - it always looked funky watching people ride fakie for miles with one.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I love KHE's. The park tires are insanely fragile but they're so light. I run the street Mac2's or the Dirts if I can find them. Albe's usually has a few laying. Light wheels and tires make any bike feel 10x more managable to me.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

I would love to help you,................. but everything i know is from back in the mid 80's. lol The frame your asking for i have never heard of, but i will keep an ear and eye open for ya. ;)
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                I love KHE's. The park tires are insanely fragile but they're so light. I run the street Mac2's or the Dirts if I can find them. Albe's usually has a few laying. Light wheels and tires make any bike feel 10x more managable to me.
                Agreed. I run the Mac 1.5s (which are supposed to measure 1.95, but I think it's a bit shy of that). For skate plazas and smaller parks, the narrow tires are so much nicer to ride. They're more nimble and lighter for hop-3s and other low-speed tricks.

That said, I'm looking to build up a Trueno because it has the standard style seatpost;the Tierra is mounted 0.5" back from normal so you don't bump the inside of your knees, which is amazing for street but not for large jumps where you want somethin to pinch. The trueno also has a longer back end, so it'll be more stable for larger jumps. I've wanted a second, more trail/jump oriented bike for a while.

Comment

It is such a tiny difference between the 20.6 and 21, just buy 21.

I cannot find pictures of mine on Flikr, but I ride a S&M dirt bike with tons of S&M parts.
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                    It is such a tiny difference between the 20.6 and 21, just buy 21.
                    I disagree. Also from someone who is 5' 7", and who likes a more responsive feeling bike, a 21 feels dramatically different to me. I actually just ordered a new frame since I tried a 21" again and don't like the way it feels.

Didn't know you rode Brandon. Can't go wrong with an all S&M rig.
                    91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                      I disagree. Also from someone who is 5' 7", and who likes a more responsive feeling bike, a 21 feels dramatically different to me. I actually just ordered a new frame since I tried a 21" again and don't like the way it feels.

Didn't know you rode Brandon. Can't go wrong with an all S&M rig.
                      I'm nearly 6.6" tall...I have broken a Specialized and a DK, this S&M is a beast.

S&M Dirt bike frame that was stripped then coated in crinkle powder coating. Power bite 3pc/Oddy PC pedals, Custom rear wheel: Alienation Black Sheep Rim with AN Rush V2 freecoaster, Oddy dirt forks blah blah blah

Not sure how rare these are anymore...but Subrosa ZOMBIE!!!! I had such a hard time tracking one down.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Looks good! Thats oddly the exact same finish my current Verde is. Looks really cool. But I'm far more excited about this that just showed up.

Brand new T1 Hickerson.

My 5th T1 and the first new frame I've bought myself in 6 years. Can't wait to build this up.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

man i used to ride bmx, had a pretty gnarly dirt jump set up in my woods...actually visited some dope dirt jump spot in pennsylvania back in the day, was in ridebmx and some other magazine, it was so epic (can't remember the name of the place but it was pretty famous)

...then some fucker stole it in college

I have an eastern and a DK now just for cruising, but they are all pretty much stock (dont even remember where I got them), miss that shit
                          1991 318is ---230K - DD
                          1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                          so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

I can't wait to get back on my bike. I just got a 1980 Garelli Rally Sport which is too much fun.

Comment

Didn't Eastern go out of business?

Comment

Working...
                              X