New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand

Anyone backpacked or just general vacationed to new zealand?
    I'll have alot of leave to use after a deployment early 2016, long ways away but I wanna start planning asap. Would be me and my girlfriend around January to February time frame for 2 to 3 weeks.
    looking at cost it seems like airfare might be the most expensive part, especially if we stay in cheap hotels and hostels

Tell me your experience!

Pic to spark interest
    Last edited by emerson.; 12-14-2014, 01:18 PM.

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
    It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

In before the smoo comes and melts this thread.

Truly one of a handful of places I have to go before I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      In before the smoo comes and melts this thread.

Truly one of a handful of places I have to go before I go.
      this mostly sums up my thoughts as well....

Edit: Just remembered Smoo told me he was going to buy the 1st beer when I do get a chance to go down there, and I am going to hold him too it ;) SOme day... Smoo you know that offer holds true on my end if you end up around here too....
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-14-2014, 07:16 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Comment

Me and the missus want to go probably will in the next few years. I would highly recommend putting the penny's away for a nice higher car as new zeland has some amazing roads.

Check out the targe NZ for some inspiration. http://targa.co.nz/

Also amazing scenery.
          sigpic

Comment

I went about 4 years ago, amazing time.

I was traveling by myself for 5 weeks. I landed in Auckland and joined one of the tour bus companies where I got to meet a huge amount of awesome people. I spent about half the time in the north island and the other half in the south island.

My best memories come from the south island, especially Queenstown. Queenstown is an adrenaline junkie's paradise, they have a huge amount of outdoor activities and lots of bars and restaurants. There's this burger place on the main strip, (Jake's/Pete's or something like that) it was pretty awesome. Mountain Biking on Queenstown mountain was the coolest time ever

What made the trip the best was the people I got to meet an the experiences/memories I obtained along the way, It wasn't all high spots, like when my bag got stolen out of the belly of the bus, but all in all it was a life changing trip and it most certainly took me out of my comfort zone and built my character.

Sweet Ass man!

Ian

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. The south island is where we want to spend most our time. I'm looking into getting a rental in queenstown and driving it'll til we leave outta auckland. Rental is a bit expensive but worth it to have the freedom to go wherever without scheduling bus tours and stuff. Only having 2-3 weeks I don't really want to have too much idle time. I'm most excited bout the south island as it seems to be more scenic and geared toward hiking and such, as said above.
              Girlfriend a huge lotr/hobbit fan so she wants to hit that up too. I want to get culture outta the trip more than anything, which is why I want to stay at hostels. Get more story's and meet interesting people than you would at some 5 star hotel

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
              It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Screw visiting, I really would like to pack up the family and live there at some point.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I spent about a week in Christchurch a couple years back, they were still doing a lot of earthquake repairs, but it was a nice town.

I then spent about a month and a half in Auckland. It was a really cool place. There is no shortage of amazing hiking, beaches, scenery, and general outdoor awesomeness in New Zealand. I definitely want to go back at some point with a car that I can drive around the country.

Also good call with the hostels, you meet a lot of really cool people!
                  '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by susej1981 View Post

"It's like the lord of the rings."
                    1987 325is Black/Black
                    -Stock (mostly)

Comment

Comment

New Zealand

Originally posted by susej1981 View Post

I love that poster in the background... Need to get me one of them
                        Last edited by HennaE30; 12-18-2014, 02:07 PM.
                        Originally posted by flyboyx
                        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                        Originally posted by Northern
                        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                        X