Ok who is a history geek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok who is a history geek?

I love the reading about our cold war things as they continue to get declassified. Tonight it's WW2 about Von Braun and Peenmunde.

Humans just can't seem to get rid of Ego.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

And he and his crew were "pardoned" and got good jobs at NASA

Comment

History stuff is pretty much all I watch on TV anymore. But I always liked history, local or worldwide.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
        And he and his crew were "pardoned" and got good jobs at NASA
        Yes, it was a lesser of the evils at the time. He would have gone to Russia.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I guess I'm pretty much a history geek, I like old things, and I love reading about that kind of old stuff. I remember being super awed at the sections of the berlin wall in washington DC... and I think of the cold war any time i work on the e30 and see 'W.Germany' stamped on anything. can we talk about how neat it would be to walk around chernobyl for a minute like creepy but oh so cool.

--Mike
          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            Yes, it was a lesser of the evils at the time. He would have gone to Russia.
            True that. I guess what is troubling is all the forced labor under cruel conditions he was aware of. The production of the rockets cost prisoners their lives.

I don't know how to serve justice and preserve the union.

Comment

I have been obsessed with WWII history ever sins I understood what history was. I have a lot of books on it. Its also interesting for me because I had family members on both sides of the war. Although most of my German relatives were civilians. The German relatives I know fought in the war died on U-Boats and in fighting in Norway. My grandpa was just a little boy and him and his siblings and mom had to run away from the Russian advance and witnessed a lot of horrible things. He still has nightmares, and after his stroke he started seeing Russian soldiers. It left a very big imprint on his mind.
              I also love older history, bronze age, iron age, medieval age.
              If you guys ever want to watch a very cool history show watch this British TV series called Time Team. They do archeological digs from the bronze age on through the WWII. Fun stuff and they do a good time showing transitions in history instead of seeing history in these rigid blocks.
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                History stuff is pretty much all I watch on TV anymore. But I always liked history, local or worldwide.
                Sadly a lot of the history shows we get here in the states are not that great. They seam good untill you watch some British and other European stuff. Lots of the American stuff tends to be sensationalized and hyped up to give it that Hollywood style. History Chanel used to be good, but its a lot of shit now.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

And the history channel, no longer shows history

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                    And the history channel, no longer shows history
                    yes....to a good extent, this is true.

i am a huge history buff. i like reading about our wars. revolution, civil, ww1, ww2, etc......
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

When you think about WWII, it's actually pretty amazing when you start looking at the things Germany did wrong. If Hitler wasn't such a egomaniac and actually listened to his generals, etc, the result of the whole thing could have been very different.

For instance, if he had of courted the Ukrainians instead of butchering them, he would have had built in support within the Soviet borders. The Ukrainians thought that Germans were liberating them, then got turned on.
                      Estoguy
                      1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

My favorite cold war shit is operations: high jump, paper clip, and of course MK-Ultra

Comment

Love reading up on paper clip and MK ultra and such things like Iran Contra or anything shameful the U.S. has done. Makes people so uncomfortable! Will add though, history has been built upon conspiracies. Such an interesting topic indeed since conspiracy theorists are the coocoos

Also about Tesla! What was that tower and why did morgan have it bulldozed!

Comment

Count me in!
                            Started with reading every 1st and 2nd war book about flying (Try "War in a Stringbag" by Charles Lamb) and extended to fiction about the Napoleonic wars. The Patrick O'Brien Maturin/Aubry novels, and Bernard Cornwell Sharpe +. Fiction's OK if the author can convince me he did his research, and By Golly O'Brian and Cornwell did and do.
                            Currently reading "The Decline and Fall of the British Empire." but it's a bit of a slog.

Those who do not read history...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post

Also about Tesla! What was that tower and why did morgan have it bulldozed!
                              tinfoil on

Shit about free energy and no money to be made on free shit ;)
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X