Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather gun holsters, any interest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Leather gun holsters, any interest?

    I have been thinking of buying the popular gun molds to make wet formed leather and Kydex holsters. I have Kydex in-stock at my shop and I can make leather ones with ease, I'm just wondering how much interest there might be to make a few for our group and see if it is something I want to offer to the masses. My best friend's father also does tooling and I can give him patterns to tool for me then sew up.

    I just want to get an idea of what Glocks and Sigs might be the most popular! I have access to a BUNCH of handguns but feeling it out as holsters take a long time to sew and mold.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

    Instagram: @BWeissLeather

    Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

    #2
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    I have been thinking of buying the popular gun molds to make wet formed leather and Kydex holsters. I have Kydex in-stock at my shop and I can make leather ones with ease, I'm just wondering how much interest there might be to make a few for our group and see if it is something I want to offer to the masses. My best friend's father also does tooling and I can give him patterns to tool for me then sew up.

    I just want to get an idea of what Glocks and Sigs might be the most popular! I have access to a BUNCH of handguns but feeling it out as holsters take a long time to sew and mold.
    I have a 22gen4. Would this require any sort of lock or just slide in and out?
    1991 318i Sedan

    Comment


      #3
      I have an M&P Shield .40cal and an ITW Kydex I dont use a lot. But Id be interested in an OTW Kydex dependent on design
      I typically stick it in my back pocket but would be nice to have a small tight to the body design that didnt bulge much under a shirt. I have one huge bulge already
      We can serve you better through Email

      sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com


      Like us on Facebook

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by MokinWeet View Post
        I have a 22gen4. Would this require any sort of lock or just slide in and out?
        I could form the holster to have a built in clasp/snap or just a slide in, remember I do custom work anything you want as a design I can make.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

        Instagram: @BWeissLeather

        Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

        Comment


          #5
          This is a very flooded market.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

          Comment


            #6
            Would be interested, depending in price. Id like to get something to carry my full size 1911 in


            Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
              This is a very flooded market.
              True.. Lots out there but Id rather support a forum member.
              We can serve you better through Email

              sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com


              Like us on Facebook

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                True.. Lots out there but Id rather support a forum member.
                I'm with you here


                Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                  I have an M&P Shield .40cal and an ITW Kydex I dont use a lot. But Id be interested in an OTW Kydex dependent on design
                  I typically stick it in my back pocket but would be nice to have a small tight to the body design that didnt bulge much under a shirt. I have one huge bulge already
                  Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                  True.. Lots out there but Id rather support a forum member.
                  Exactly. I'm with Blunt on both of these.


                  I just got a Glock 26 from a glock 23. I plan on getting a IWB Kydex holster. This is the best one that I've found via reviews.

                  http://www.cooksholsters.com/iwb-hol...ble-belt-clip/

                  Review of above holster

                  I also would like a leather OTW holster for when I'm in the outdoors. Leather would be bad ass. My worry though is that price from you would be prohibitory v. a larger manufacture. I'm all about supporting a forum member (or buying local), but only to a point.

                  As far as popular guns Glock 19, 23 are quite popular and the same shape. Same with the Glock 26, 27. Different calibers, but same size.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I have both a Gen 4 Glock 23 and a Walther PPS right now as far as handguns go.

                    I wouldn't mind buying a kydex holster for the G23 both IWB and OWB and maybe something nice for the PPS IWB as it's going to be my primary CCW gun.


                    This interests me greatly. I'm glad you are considering this.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I want to make note of something; I am more of the rugged-outdoor function items for the EDC(I know some pack daily). So I am not trying to go head deep into guns just yet, there is TONS of workers/big manufactures that would bet my BASE cost of materials with their finished goods made from imported leather in China/Mexico. Just offering something to our heat packing outlaws ;)

                      Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                      This is a very flooded market.
                      I agree, that is why I stick to local repairs and builds; I don't post photos to refrain from people requesting ;)

                      Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                      Would be interested, depending in price. Id like to get something to carry my full size 1911 in
                      Link some good ones here, so I can gauge pricing.

                      Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                      True.. Lots out there but Id rather support a forum member.
                      Thanks! this is why I buy from Steve and Levent, support our own!

                      Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      Exactly. I'm with Blunt on both of these.


                      I just got a Glock 26 from a glock 23. I plan on getting a IWB Kydex holster. This is the best one that I've found via reviews.

                      http://www.cooksholsters.com/iwb-hol...ble-belt-clip/

                      Review of above holster

                      I also would like a leather OTW holster for when I'm in the outdoors. Leather would be bad ass. My worry though is that price from you would be prohibitory v. a larger manufacture. I'm all about supporting a forum member (or buying local), but only to a point.

                      As far as popular guns Glock 19, 23 are quite popular and the same shape. Same with the Glock 26, 27. Different calibers, but same size.
                      Everyone here gets discounts on anything they request to be made, from belts to wallets I give back to the community that has been there to provide the orders that made me where I am today(I have something amazing coming too! just wait!!!)

                      Here is a little rant:

                      I have been approached more times than I can count about making holsters, people see my wallets and BEG to get a holster made...I just never saw the point in it since I had to buy a form and hand sew a large portion of it; now that I have a sewing machine I can do lots of stitching faster than I could punch 40 holes. I feel I can match/bet pricing of mass produced goods made from WHO KNOWS what! With me, my customers know I deal ONLY in the USA and keep it all on our soil.

                      I pay over 100-200.00 for a pair of jeans made by a crew of 5-8 artisans behind one label. I know the FACE that stitched my jeans and I know what I am supporting, I have customers based completely off that alone. I'm one guy, you talk to me, tell me what you want and how you would like it to look/function for your life, that is worth the extra time I spend and the price of the leathers I provide. I support Wickett & Craig from PA and I support Horween out of Chicago.

                      I have a natural talent for design that is also artistically functional, I can take any design and make it real. I am pretty much going to go, hey! this is what the mold cost to make for your gun, I'll beat this guy's pricing so that we can get the mold in my hands and start small batches for our community.

                      To your last comment about Glock models:
                      So I could buy a 19 and 26 mold and they would interchange for the 4 different models? **More or less, same body but different internals**

                      Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                      I have both a Gen 4 Glock 23 and a Walther PPS right now as far as handguns go.

                      I wouldn't mind buying a kydex holster for the G23 both IWB and OWB and maybe something nice for the PPS IWB as it's going to be my primary CCW gun.


                      This interests me greatly. I'm glad you are considering this.
                      You are the straw that broke the camel's back!
                      Last edited by F34R; 12-23-2014, 09:09 PM.
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

                      Instagram: @BWeissLeather

                      Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm a revolver guy for the most part, but if you made a holster for the Kahr K9 and were competitive with the popular makers, I'd buy from you. I love the steel kahr's, but the plastic ones are much more popular, so you probably won't have enough love to make a run. As a collector, I like to see more options, and encourage your new endeavor.

                        I would suggest getting in touch with Joey Link. One of the original R3V'ers and is the owner of NorthwestFirearms.com which is an incredibly popular website. Specific to the NorthWest, but maybe Joe would give you an introduction?? If you start a thread there, I bet you can get lots of folks that would want a holster for the popular semi's. And of course, glocktalk.com, but be prepared for a lot of opinions.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by F34R View Post

                          To your last comment about Glock models:
                          So I could buy a 19 and 26 mold and they would interchange for the 4 different models? **More or less, same body but different internals**


                          Almost correct. It's actually more than a 1 for 2. I am not in front of the computer so I might be a little off and can't verify at the moment, but as I recall the 9mm, .40 and .45 glocks in the same frame size (large, sub-compact and compact, G17, G19, G26 respectively for the 9mm) have the same basic outer dimensions. I also think the 10mm and .380 fit into this category as well, but not as well as the other three sizes. However, when the holster is made of leather, and designed to be worn on the outside of the waist band this is not such a big, really any large frame Glock should fit well into a large frame leather holster (as a rule). As far as plastic holsters I know for a fact the 26, 27, and I think 30 are the same size. You can view that website I linked to see how he groups the guns together. I can get you more details tonight when I'm home if you'd like.

                          You're "same body different internals" is pretty much spot on. Even the internals are very similar. This is a big reason glocks are so reliable.


                          To your comment about buying from artisans and such. I'm not against it. I am a realist though. And a poor college kid. I'm big into free markets. If I made more money, it would be all about those hand made artisan goods, but at this point price is a large economic factor to me, and if the good has a complement that is cheaper but at the same quality, it's tough to say no to that. I'm very glad you support the community and much such high quality goods. I'd love to buy a belt, wallet, and dog collar from you, but I can't afford it. When I'm done with college, all over that. So it's not anything personal, when I say competing on price is important. I understand that your competition isn't a shitty fake leather holster found at Walmart. Same with the plastic molded. That's why I linked you what I think is the best plastic holster on the market, because as a business owner you need to know your competition, and price points. If you could complete with that price, I would be on it. Same with a quality leather outside the waist holster. I would love a awesome, hand made one, because everyone gets to see that shit. And that's how cowboys figure out who's ass they can kick in a gun fight.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I would be interested in a leather OWB belt holster for a Kahr CM9. The holster market may be flooded, but there is always room for quality. Some of the popular custom makers out there that have backlogs that go months and even years in some cases. Not saying you should only focus on holster making, just that there is still demand for quality goods.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              IIRC the Glock 9 and 40 models share dimensions and the 45 and 10mm share.

                              So G17=G22, G19=G23, G26=G27, G21=G20, G29=G30

                              In all honesty I would think you could fulfill +80% of Glock requests with a fullsize, compact, and subcompact 9/40 mold.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X