Crossing country tire choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossing country tire choice

Crossing the country mid march in my E30 is all goes well. Conflicted about tire choices though, as I'm going to be driving the southern route of the US for most of the way so I'll be in 40-60* weather most of the way. The northern route involves seeing Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore.
    My E30 is on bald tires at the moment so I will need new tires later on regardless. I'm thinking all seasons + snow chains in the trunk will be sufficient enough. Do you guys think snow tires would be a necessary purchase for such a trek during mid march?
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Make sure you get them in this size too

Your welcome
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Don't leave home without it...

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

your not going to see much in yellowstone in march much of the park will still be closed and Rushmore is a 50/50 if it will be under 2 feet of snow or decent weather I have been though that area in March and had 76* and sunny wonderful weather, and other years its been 28* with snow on the ground and snow and ice all over the raods.

Go the southern route lots of cool stuff to see that way too, if you go northern get a good all season performance tire just in case. I did it in my E30 on G force sports and had great weather in mid march in SD but hit a lot of snow falling and been there a while in the passes once I got back in MT... Those are not good tires in the snow LOL The latter in march you go the better chances you will be in 40-60* weather across the more northerly route as well
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

All seasons. Those Altimax's will be just fine.

Snow chains are just silly and will be pointless.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

How far south are you planning on going? I can't imagine that you will see much snow if any down south, except for maybe the eastern half.
            I drove cross country last spring/summer on some goodyear all seasons installed by the PO of my e34. I didn't see any snow once I crossed the Iowa border into Missouri and this was the second week of Feb. and it was never colder than 50 degrees after the month of March, I drove west on Interstate 10 all the way to LA from Austin Tx fyi.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Working...
            X