A big Leap! (planning a move to Oregon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big Leap! (planning a move to Oregon)

so my Wife, Toddler and I are planning a big move within the year, we are tired of Cali, and family on both sides is driving us fucking nuts (passive agressive bullshit, trying to play favorites and being all around jerks)

my wife has grandparents that live in eugene/springfield (go ducks!) and i have always loved Oregon, cooler climate, its green, not dead grass most of the year, and it will still be forestyish like where im at now (i live 30min from yosemite). Also seems like living is cheaper there too.

so i ask r3v anyone live/lived around there, have any tips or advice where to move where not to move, pictures, places to work (i pick up anything pretty quick).

its my first time planning on leaving my home area, fresno/Oakhurst/yosemite , and not having a fallback place to live and TBH im pretty scared but excited about it!
    Last edited by kickinindian; 02-11-2015, 12:02 AM.

I would really like to end up in the PNW sometime. Love that place.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Portland, it's where 20-somethings go to retire.

This statement is so true, visited a friend last year that lives there and walked around Portland on a Tuesday, tons of young people that apparently either don't work at all or work a few hours at a coffee shop/bar/retail and then spend the rest doing nothing.

I enjoyed the town and the area though, outside of the city there is so much space, beautiful scenery.

Comment

good choice you lucky fucker. my wife and i want to move up that way too.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I too want to escape California. The family is the only thing holding my wife and I back. But eventually, I think we will buy a piece of land on the coast near Newport, OR.

And I visited Portland for merely a few hours and knew that I would go on a hipster killing spree if I stayed much longer. It's a part of culture I do not get.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Don't move to Springtucky. Eugene seems like a pretty nice area, although I haven't spent much time down there. Oregon is great wherever you decide to stay.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

I would need to visit all of Oregon at least once before I can come to some kind of conclusion. I've been blessed with a home 5 minutes from my favorite local surf spot, so it's kind of hard to give that up. I don't care what the cost of living is. Right now, I can afford it and simply knowing that I have miles and miles of excellent coastline at my disposal, in my backyard is enough to keep me grounded for a while.

I'll go wherever the surf is, because I am confident that I can make something of myself and provide for my basic necessities wherever I end up. But if I move out of CA, it will be to another coast with good waves.

Good luck OP. If you like the great outdoors, then do what you intend and pick a spot with excellent access to the great outdoors.
              world renown Harry Potter expert
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X