About to Graduate College!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to Graduate College!

I'm about to graduate college and I will be seeking a job that I can be successful in. I live near the Atlanta area and would like to know if you guys have any ideas or if you have any openings where you work. I'm majoring in physical education and health but I don't want to be a teacher anymore. I graduate in May so if you know somebody or you know about a great company to work for that would be awesome. Help a member out!

Sorry should have put in off topic.

Comment

What type of work experience do you have? What are you interested in doing?

Comment

Well my dad owns a construction company so I can always work with him. So I have experience in construction. I also am pretty good with technology. I detail cars on the side as well. I have always done little things here and there. I work on my car all the time. I have done engine swaps etc. if I put my mind to something I can do it if it interests me. I will be the first one to graduate in my family so I want a good job out of college. I want to change my family tree around. My family isn't very educated and I want to start a new tradition. I want to have a steady paying job and become successful in life. You got a job in mind? I'm willing to learn pretty much anything. I am also very good with sales. I have bought and sold cars all through college.
        Last edited by blizake500; 02-24-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

So you went to college for physical education and health but you want a good job in something technology based? You should of went to school for engineering or business

Comment

Well I have changed my plans here recently. My school doesn't offer engineering programs.

Comment

Sounds like it's too late to double major... Tech jobs require tech degrees for the most part though. Unless you want to start off as an entry level guy and apprentice.

Since you mentioned sales... that sounds like a decent place to start. Maybe try an internship at a health or fitness company while you're at it?
              Last edited by BobombETA; 02-24-2015, 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling
              Instagram
              sigpic
              Current: 99 M3
              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Yea I graduate in May.

Comment

I was able to turn an internship into full time employment, it's worth considering.
                  Instagram
                  sigpic

Comment

What's the best way to find an intern?

Comment

I'd ask around op, networking works wonders. You never know when you'll be at a party talking to someone and they'll have great connections or know someone that can hook you up with an internship. Just my 0.02 cents, best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by blizake500 View Post
                        What's the best way to find an intern?
                        Besides going into a rant, let me ask you: What have you done to look for employment?

If you are graduating, there should be support on campus for your placement.
                        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Well I go to school in ky so they can't help me out in Ga

Comment

I posted a craigslist add as well in the Atlanta area. There are a couple websites I have used to search as well

Comment

Originally posted by blizake500 View Post
                              Well I go to school in ky so they can't help me out in Ga
                              That's not necessarily true. There's probably some sort of alumni group first of all. Check LinkedIn. Secondly, I'm sure there is some sort of department on campus that helps with job placement.

indeed.com

set up subscriptions for various key words you would be looking for. You'll get an email when there is a new posting.
                              Instagram
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X