No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That going to be your new camping vehicle then? Kinda disappointed to see the Tundra go, wouldve been a monster with 35s.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      That going to be your new camping vehicle then? Kinda disappointed to see the Tundra go, wouldve been a monster with 35s.
      It will be. Build will be boring and slow at the beginning.

I was sad to see it go as well. Not enough room at the house to store two trucks, so I had to consolidate into a 'one size fits all' vehicle.

No ragrets though.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Been really fighting off the urge to get a new Tacoma off road.. spent a ton of work repainting the front end on the E30 (my only car) then went on a 1000 mile road trip and picked up a few rock chips on the way... :-/

I have so much fun driving the E30 every day but it seems like it may be about time to slap on the vintage plates and upgrade her to garage queen status.

Also buying a new 6-speed manual vehicle is kind of like civil service anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
          Been really fighting off the urge to get a new Tacoma off road.. spent a ton of work repainting the front end on the E30 (my only car) then went on a 1000 mile road trip and picked up a few rock chips on the way... :-/

I have so much fun driving the E30 every day but it seems like it may be about time to slap on the vintage plates and upgrade her to garage queen status.

Just do what I did and clean it up then let it fall apart seal by seal sitting in your extra garage. Then buy two other vehicles and actually care about them.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post

Dailying a truck is its own kinda fun. It's great not having to worry about curbs, or speed bumps, or bad roads, or dirt roads. And it's awesome being able to get offroad and go to cool places a regular car can't go.

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Just do what I did and clean it up then let it fall apart seal by seal sitting in your extra garage. Then buy two other vehicles and actually care about them.
            Same except I threw mine out on the street

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^ I agree with lambo and what he said above. Daily'ing a truck is not only very practical for my specific situation, but they have a lot more opportunities to have fun with when compared to a fun, fast street car.

To me, a street car is tremendously fun when you are doing things that police officers and almost anyone else will find as disruptive, reckless, unlawful, and disrespectful. Trouble will follow if you do it enough.

On the other hand, most all of the things that are fun in a truck very few people would frown upon, especially the police.

I can do burnouts in my racecar for only a short while before my tires blow out or the cops show up. I can offroad and explore abandoned mines, mountain tops, slot canyons, and the like almost forever without any negative repercussions.

That easy, safe, access to fun is one of my main drivers for the switch to this new hobby.

Comment

Pismo Beach

----------------
                Attached Files

Comment

^ Nice!

Comment

my 1st and 3rd gen (3.4L 5spd sold on BaT lol) | Sina (freeride53)'s 4th gen on the right
                    Attached Files

Comment

Tru love

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Went out to a local adventure area called 'Cinder Hills OHV Area'

The area is mainly meant for toys other than trucks, but it was still fun to explore.

Disclaimer: I need to learn how to take better pictures

Cinder Hills 5 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Found a dirt bike berm and was able to max out my roll/pitch meter at 30 degrees. Unnerving for sure, but the picture doesn't do it justice.

Cinder Hills 3 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Cinder Hills 2 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Picking up a Relentless Fab Modular Bed Rack this afternoon from a local guy.

Going on a ~100 mile adventure tomorrow.

Still incredibly thrilled with this purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                          Went out to a local adventure area called 'Cinder Hills OHV Area'

The area is mainly meant for toys other than trucks, but it was still fun to explore.

Disclaimer: I need to learn how to take better pictures

Found a dirt bike berm and was able to max out my roll/pitch meter at 30 degrees. Unnerving for sure, but the picture doesn't do it justice.

Picking up a Relentless Fab Modular Bed Rack this afternoon from a local guy.

Going on a ~100 mile adventure tomorrow.

Still incredibly thrilled with this purchase.
                          dope dude.

I probably missed it, but specs on your rig? Assuming 5 speed since you're a r3v og lol
                          Also, nice call on the Relentless Rack; those look awesome on tacos - running a RTT presumably?

I tried to test drive one w/ a sunroof and my damn head kept bumping the headliner (6'3"). Kind of a shame they don't allow height adjustment on a $40k rig

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                            dope dude.

I probably missed it, but specs on your rig? Assuming 5 speed since you're a r3v og lol
                            Also, nice call on the Relentless Rack; those look awesome on tacos - running a RTT presumably?

I tried to test drive one w/ a sunroof and my damn head kept bumping the headliner (6'3"). Kind of a shame they don't allow height adjustment on a $40k rig
                            Specs:
                            2016 TRD 4x4 Offroad Double Cab Short Bed
                            6 speed auto, this is my DD so auto was preferred though they do come in 6 speed manuals as well

Yep, CVT Mt. Rainier Stargazer Pioneer for the RTT. Big ol' bitch that hangs out past the tailgate 13 inches, haha.

I tried out a moonroof equipped version as well but decided to go without one as I too had head clearance issues at 6'3". Was slightly bummed but it obviously wasn't a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                              my 1st and 3rd gen (3.4L 5spd sold on BaT lol) | Sina (freeride53)'s 4th gen on the right
                              yota boiz

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

and because I'm a child and can't control myself

Comment

Working...
                                X