Yey for insurence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yey for insurence

A while back I hit a deer with my mazda 626. Hardly did any damage except push the driver headlight back and dent the hood up a bit. Since I really don’t want this car anymore I decided to report it to insurance. I went to the most expensive body shop and I was quoted $1700 in damages. I was really excited to total this car and get rid of it.

Anyways, insurance wanted another estimate by another guy. He got ahold of me on the 6th and left a message I just heard today. Apparently he thinks the job can be done for $276.25 for the same quality. The first bodyshop said they would replace the hood and have to repaint the whole front half of the car, this guy says they can "tint" the paint on the fenders to make it match.

With my $250 deductible I just got a check for $26.25

W00t?
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

And your premiums are probably going increase. Sucks man, I wouldve just fixed it for cheap at a buddys shop or soemthing then tried to sell it.
    Back to my roots

Comment

I love how you finish it with...

"W00t?"

HAHA

That sucks dude. I woulda told the insurance company to shove it. LOL

Course, I'm just on liability...so if I mess up, I'll cry. heh
      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236
        And your premiums are probably going increase. Sucks man, I wouldve just fixed it for cheap at a buddys shop or soemthing then tried to sell it.
        No it dosnt other wise I would not have reported it. I was told "you cannot control deer so its not your fault, your insurance will not go up"
        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Working...
        X