1986 Isuzu Trooper?
Collapse
X
-
^ Your closing statement is why I sold mine. I loved it, but it got 15mpg highway, and could barely pull itself let alone a boat or trailer. My next SUV needs to be able to pull a fish/ski boat. -
before I bought an old toyota pickup I was also looking at stuff like this. I also got around 17 mpg in a motor which topped out at around 120hp. It really makes you appreciate every gear change. If I were to do the truck thing again I'd get a ford 4x4 full size pickup with a V8. Probably a mid 90's because the 2000's F150 were ugly as a mofo. If the mpg sucks, might as well have power and easily sourced partsLeave a comment:
-
Or cuss the older gentleman trying to sell it for being, you know, older.Leave a comment:
-
-
Very nice truck. The trooper I'm looking at is a first gen, and a slow as balls 4cyl that gets 16mpg isn't exactly appealing, but they are very cool trucks. I guess diesel swap is always an option down the line.Leave a comment:
-
-
I had a2nd gen and loved it. Terrible gas mileage and not much power, but it was dependable and tough.
Did a 2" lift and threw some good tires on it. Manual 4wd SUV's are a sweet thing.



I wish I had kept it. The body was super clean, but the frame was rusty.Leave a comment:
-
1986 Isuzu Trooper?
Found a very clean one local with low miles. But I'm not sure if they are good cars. Google didn't tell me much ablut their reliability, they're cool cars, but I don't wanna buy a money pit.
Thanks guys.Tags: None

Leave a comment: