No announcement yet.

This is R3V Facebook moments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard what he said about lifting the rear of the hood not working, but I can't understand why it would be so effective on a number of other cars (Ford Cortina, Datsun 510, 240Z) and wouldn't work at all on an E30. That being said, the side louvers will also help regardless and I agree they're at the wrong angle.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Thoughts: You guys think there's much overlap between R3V Facebook and E30Zone? It sounds like a couple of my old troll threads would be a lot of fun over there.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        Thoughts: You guys think there's much overlap between R3V Facebook and E30Zone? It sounds like a couple of my old troll threads would be a lot of fun over there.

The idiots that got chased off the r3v page just ended up on e30zone. The amount of dumbassery is incredible. People will ask questions as dumb as which terminal is positive and negative on my battery.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          The idiots that got chased off the r3v page just ended up on e30zone. The amount of dumbassery is incredible. People will ask questions as dumb as which terminal is positive and negative on my battery.
          I almost got banned off the zone, for telling a guy in Australia that he was trying to get people to buy *3pc bottle caps* for $2400 Australian dollars and they were still ugly wheels.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            I almost got banned off the zone, for telling a guy in Australia that he was trying to get people to buy *3pc bottle caps* for $2400 Australian dollars and they were still ugly wheels.
            Hurting feelings = auto ban
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
              Hurting feelings = auto ban

Some of them really do need to be told no. Or hell NO!

..better yet, close the hood and just walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

link?

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                  I heard what he said about lifting the rear of the hood not working, but I can't understand why it would be so effective on a number of other cars (Ford Cortina, Datsun 510, 240Z) and wouldn't work at all on an E30. That being said, the side louvers will also help regardless and I agree they're at the wrong angle.
                  It's not effective on any car unless you're one of those dorks that likes tilty wheels and driving sideways.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    It's not effective on any car unless you're one of those dorks that likes tilty wheels and driving sideways.
                    The air escapes from the sides, not the rear. I agree it works best in conjunction with properly located lovers, but I can say with certainty it helps with underhood temp and cooling after testing both at the track.

Comment

i tried the tilted hood for bit and it didn't really help for me
                      and it let oil smells get into the car through the vents.

Comment

Some people need to stay away from cars. Or use google before making them selves look completely clueless.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Some people need to stay away from cars. Or use google before making them selves look completely clueless.
                          Or at the very least use a flashlight and follow where those mysterious lines go. It's not rocket science.

I was new to working on cars at some point (ok, I had a Dad that raced cars, but still) - I knew enough to follow a wire, a tube, or a vacuum line to get some clue what it did.

Vac line to a distributor? Hmmm.... that might have something to do with spark???? A line right from a reservoir to the rack - hmmmm that might have something to do WITH THE RACK!
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I found that people used the FB R3V group as google, instead of you know, actually using google.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

“RTFM” completely appropriate here
                              Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                              1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                              Palm Beach County

Comment

This is R3V Facebook moments.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                Or at the very least use a flashlight and follow where those mysterious lines go. It's not rocket science.

I was new to working on cars at some point (ok, I had a Dad that raced cars, but still) - I knew enough to follow a wire, a tube, or a vacuum line to get some clue what it did.

Vac line to a distributor? Hmmm.... that might have something to do with spark???? A line right from a reservoir to the rack - hmmmm that might have something to do WITH THE RACK!

You mean there was a time before Google/FB where you had to learn about cars by researching or trial & error?! Gasp! The horror!

At least back then, if you did something stupid, usually only a couple friends and maybe a neighbor or two would ridicule you vs feeling the need to share it with the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X