Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be nice to know a budget and import/ domestic
    New Shelby mustang? e92 M3? E46 M3?
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My Neighbor needs a New Car

^She test drove the e46 M3 back in the day, but decided to go with a 330ci, special ordered it to have a ZHP package (she got the car brand new and chose all the options, shes the original owner). I always figured she had no idea what she really had, but nope she pointed out the different bumpers, extra hp then the normal 330ci, ect.

I feel really guilty for some reason, normally I wouldn't make such a stupid thread but the guilt made me. The dealership quoted her $1200 for a valve cover gasket change alone.. I think these high repair quotes are what's scaring her into selling it, I just left a messaging asking if she's only selling it because of the repairs it needs, and if that's the case I'm willing to help her out with them. If not, the least I want to do is pick out a good reliable modern car for her/ lead her in the right direction. I was thinking maybe a 2012+ 335i (4 door) F30, but not really sure if they have the typical modern BMW 1 quart burned every 1000 miles thing going on. I like flyboyx's suggestion though on a 135 m sport.

By the way, she's into European cars.

I'm honesty shocked on what they want to charge her.. The price in the second pic is what it would cost to fix all of the recommendations (first pic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by KIRIEIW; 02-08-2016, 11:00 PM.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        I love my S4, but I would recommend it, or any older Audi to anyone who doesn't have wrenches for fingers and oil in their vanes.

I literally just came inside from my monthly repair. T-bolt clamp worked it's way off the turbo outlet.

Although if we are talking new, the modern 3.0 supercharged S4's are bad ass.
        I'm actually glad you commented here, figure your probably one of the most knowledgeable here on S4's. About the only thing I know about Audi's (and probably a good amount of other cars these days anyways) is the whole front end usually needs to come off to get to some of the major repairs done, I can see that being a huge bill for a non DIY kinda person.

Comment

golf r?
          BMW tech
          Umass Amherst
          05 wrx sti

Comment

Does the Focus RS still count as European? I really think it's a solid choice.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

^ how is it leaking from all those spots? And why does a splash guard need a sensor? I bet it's just leaking from one or two and they're tacking stuff on because they think she'll pay..

If you help her out with the repairs, she's sure to go to you when she wants to sell the car

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Actually that Ford Focus RS sounds pretty bad ass, I'm going to have to run that by her. I'm not completely sure what she thinks about wagons, but we'll see. Golf R looked pretty sweet too, I bet because of the whole VW thing she could get a pretty good deal at the dealer too lol. 135i M, are they a bit bigger then a ZHP as in spacious? I'd think so anyways.

I still can't see how they quoted her $10k for those simple repairs listed, besides the dreadful oil pan gasket change. Btw the "PDC sensor faulty" is the parking distance control. I have a feeling the valve cover gasket, and the oil filter housing gasket are just leaking making it look like the oil pan gasket leaks. Oh, and I have no idea why the splash guard needs a sensor realOEM doesn't show a sensor on that side of the car. The car has about 125k miles for what its worth.
                Last edited by KIRIEIW; 02-08-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

E39 M5

yes I am biased

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    2016 Cadillac CTS-V. Looking pretty good again. 555hp.

:devil::pimp: :bow: :firehop::twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted::twisted::twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OH MER GHERD. If a big tit big ass basic bitch can't look like a million bucks driving that then there's no hope left in the world. Make her get that.

Comment

Working...
                    X