Let's see your morning commute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    We've had a couple suicides, those aren't so bad other than being sad.

There's on that stands out though. A young girl was walking down the tracks with a hood up and earphones on. She did it every day on the way to work, but one of the trains was late.

Every other day she was in the clear, the train that hit her usually had gone through before she started walking (got off another train and walked to work from the station.). It was early on a foggy morning, the train was late, and she never even saw it coming.

People really underestimate these things, sure, freight trains are loud with their square wheels and rickety cars. Our passenger trains don't have any flat spots and are equipped with a good suspension system. They will sneak right up on you, especially when coasting and the engine is idling, or when the cab car is first and the engine is in the back. When they leave the yard in the morning you will see them moving before you hear anything.
    You a conductor or Engineer?

I do contract security work for BNSF and have seen 2 people get hit, one was a drunk guy, 1 was a maxican lady who crossed tracks with family, and dropped her purse, and tried to grab it, and miscalculated the Dash-9 going 60MPH, they crew didnt even notice her, until i called it in, it was in a construction area, with lots of piles of shit near the tracks, she tried to grab her purse when the fuel tank passed, and it clean cut her from chest up.

Will find some of my pictures from some of my times with the RR. lots of Beautiful scenery, and landscape.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I'm in Mechanical on the day shift PM work. I just see them when they come in the yard and repair whatever damage is done.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Nice,when i was working out of town, the railroad essentialy bought my m3. I saved my mileage $ and ate ramen, and saved the per diem.

Comment

taking off out of denver heading west over the front range. we were passing under the overhang of a fairly small thunderstorm at sunset. i really like this pic for some reason.

Last edited by flyboyx; 06-06-2016, 08:54 PM.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Took me 45 minutes to go 2 miles today.

I wish I could say this is rare, but if I don't get out of the house before 815, it's not. Hate this place
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
              Took me 45 minutes to go 2 miles today.

I wish I could say this is rare, but if I don't get out of the house before 815, it's not. Hate this place

Where's that? 2mi in 45 minutes.. I hate it too

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                looks like Wishram to me. I've done some mission work there, what a town that is...

Edit: Definitely Wishram, I can see the church I helped build lol
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

Jealous of you guys with picturesque drives. I went from a soul crushing commute through LA to a mediocre commute in Denver. Traffic isn't much better but it's only about 5 miles on the highway.
                  91 318is M50 swapped
                  05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    Wishram?
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I cover multiple locations for work but my trips to Lebanon, Pa are the most scenic, by far. This is crossing the Susquehanna river just north of Harrisburg International Airport and Three Mile Island in the distance.

-Todd

Current: 1991 Diamantschwarz Metallic 318is

Gone: 2004 Flame Red Neon SRT-4

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Wishram?
                        Indeed it is, loved working there. I was sort of like the town sheriff lol

i knew everyone, and they knew me

Comment

Here's a good one. Had to ride the locomotive we just finished the HEP overhaul on.

Got up at 3am, got to DC at 8am. Company provides a hotel room for all crew members during the day since the trains stay in DC, so I got breakfast, took a shower, watched a movie, then caught the 1pm early train home.

Since we run a push/pull configuration (cab car up front), this was taken from the locomotive on the back of the train so no headlights. This is going through the tunnel at Union Station. A view not many get to enjoy so figured I would share. It's pretty interesting.

Engine ran great btw.
                          No E30 Club
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

No E30 Club

Comment

My morning "commute" one morning. 2000' long, 180' elevation change, speeds in excess of 50 mph. That was a great morning.

I engineer zip lines/aerial adventure courses. The job has some serious perks.

My normal drive to work lasts about 6 minutes and is less than 2 miles. Heavily forested, and I only deal with two traffic lights. I feel bad for everyone that has to drive tons of miles and deal with traffic twice a day. Makes me appreciate my situation all over again.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

My view changes depending on what I ride/drive

In the M5/truck its this, about 15 mins from my place

Motorcycles is usually side streets, sometimes above depending on how I'm feeling, same time frame, not taking pics while riding so heres a shot outside my work

And finally, Phoenix has a killer infrastructure for cycling, so most of my commuting is on the canal paths, usually takes me about 45 mins/hour

Comment

Working...
                                X