What constitutes as a threat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not trying to find real PC answers here because I don't work in a PC place.

I got in to a really heated argument with a couple of managers. I reached my boiling point, shut down immediately and since I came in early to my shift I told them I'll be back and came back to the regular shift time.

Upon being asked for an explanation for leaving I told them that if I didn't leave, I felt like I was going to kick their asses and that I needed to leave before anything like that happened.

Now they, and everyone else there, is saying that I threatened my managers. I thought that the action of leaving and wording of 'WAS' wouldn't get me in trouble. I'm not 'get off my lawn' age yet but a threat to me was always, "I'm GOING to kick your ass" not a 'I left because I felt like I was going to kick your ass."

Help?
    Last edited by Dozyproductions; 04-07-2016, 10:48 PM.

Fuck those mfers!!!
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Get er dun

Comment

if you were early for your shift, and didnt need to be there. Then your on your time and can leave when ever you want, for what ever reason you chose too. So long as you showed back up for your regular time they can ask all they want for an explanation but you didnt have to give them anything. You prolly should have not said one word about why you left, or just said something like you needed to cool off or regain your composure after your altercation.

Other wise they will get over it, or they wont I would not worry about it. At worst you will have a mark in your file or you will be looking for a job
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I already had to talk to the owner of the business and he said that the 'threat' was trending on their text messages. You'd think they'd be too busy on tinder, whatever the hell that is.

Comment

Yes, that is an implied threat of violence. Whether or not it is a criminal threat... You would need to ask a lawyer.

You are in CA, right?
            Penal Code § 422 PC defines criminal threats. These are threats of death or great bodily injury intended to place victims in fear for their safety.

91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

Yes I do. There was no intent to scare or "a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat" if it even existed. It was in past tense, hypothetical, and was mentioned as a reason for the de escalation of the situation.

Ugh, I get what you're saying. I hate it when shit talkers who can make joking threats all of a sudden can't take a non existant empty one?
              Last edited by Dozyproductions; 04-07-2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

A lot of people wouldn't want to work with someone that wanted to "kick their asses" now-a-days, and I can't say I really blame them.

I think you might want to walk back your statement a bit, and say what you meant to say was that you were verbally going to assault them, not physically. Hopefully that what you meant anyways(that's what I would assume, but if you think you have anger issues, nothing wrong with going to see someone about it.).

So, if you want to keep your job, you might have to grovel a bit. That's just how things work sometimes. Just my 2 cents with out knowing all the details.
                Last edited by george graves; 04-08-2016, 01:41 AM.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I think saying you "threatened them" is a stretch, but let's be honest……there isn't an employer in the world that is going to keep someone around who said what you claim to have said. I get what you were trying to convey, but worded how you stated it here, people will take that differently. Time to start the new job hunt my friend.
                  e92 M3
                  e30 M3 s52 swap
                  w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                  190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

You should come to the blue collar industries. We are a rowdy bunch who have been known to go from being ready to throw down just outside the gate, and hugging 2 minutes later.

It's pretty awesome.

I know I make that sound quite juvenile, but it's really not. It is nice to work with people who you can be 100% honest with good or bad, and know that they still have your back. I don't think I could do a desk job based off some of the things I read. Mild "shop talk" would have me fired in 5 minutes with 10 reasons.

PS. Your managers sound like a couple of whiny bitches who cry to their parents at the slightest hint of confrontation. Not very good managers. If you are the manager, then deal with your crew without involving upper management. Both sides will thank you, and you will have a better relationship with those you manage.
                    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 04-08-2016, 05:11 AM.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I always thought a threat was. Something like. Im gonna murder you. Not i need to leave before i kick your ass and do something stupid. Managers sound like a bunch of babies that need an ass kicking

Cause if thats a threat. Man my record would be a mile long for threats haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

If it wasn't intended to sound threatening, you would't have said it like that. It was to let them know, for future situations, you are capable of attempting to kick their asses for their behavior concerning you. Was a clear bad decision on op's part. Walk it back, say what you actually meant ("you guys made me really mad"). If you are a reasonable person, ass kicking doesn't enter the equation until there is a self defense situation.
                        Originally posted by Andy.B
                        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                          If it wasn't intended to sound threatening, you would't have said it like that. It was to let them know, for future situations, you are capable of attempting to kick their asses for their behavior concerning you. Was a clear bad decision on op's part. Walk it back, say what you actually meant ("you guys made me really mad"). If you are a reasonable person, ass kicking doesn't enter the equation until there is a self defense situation.
                          This. And as Sleeve said, the proper way to handle it would be to say that you needed to cool off, not that you were on the verge of physical violence.
                          88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                          We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Burn it to the ground!

Srsly tho, clearly they are not pleased with you or your performance or a combination of the two. Sounds like the friction could result in a dismissal (from the heated argument or the threat, take your pick).
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

"I'm leaving now, otherwise I'm going to kick your ass" is definitely a threat of violence. Whether or not it is a criminal issue depends on state lays, IANAL, that said, to any HR department that's definitely a problem, and probably a disciplinary issue.

Dumbass.
                              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                              FYYFF

Comment

Working...
                              X