DIY Audio project. Need TPA3116 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Audio project. Need TPA3116 help

Some times I just hate asking and searching over at DiyAudio. That place has gotten too big for its own good at certain points.

I'm trying to make a decent super budget project here. Just ordered two Peerless TC9FD18's for a 2.1 full range system I want to do. They'll be sealed boxes so the f3 should be around 120hz to where the eventual tangband 6.5" will take on the rest. Excited for those speakers! I'm going to try to make this an almost all cigar box themed system.

Question: Seeing as this super budget build I want to use the tpa boards to power the speakers and eventual subwoofer. I heard the 3116d2 2.1 boards are like howling monkey's compared to the original YJ blue/black 2.0 boards. If you'd suggest me getting the YJ 2.0 then could you show me what would be the next course of action in connecting an subwoofer amp in receiving the same signal?

Once we get past that what have you modded and with what? Upgrade the pot is what I keep hearing. I'm guessing that's the potentiometer that dictates the voltage ala long story short volume knob? Also just what type of input connector did you use?

Thanks
Working...
X