Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

homebuying fun (caution: stupidly wide .jpg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to you, Jason!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Buy a house they said. It will be great they said.

Mother Nature decided I had to much money in the bank, so game me a gift.

Bitch

Stole some shingles off my kids tree house in the middle of the night and slid them under existing damaged shingle for the night.

Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
        Buy a house they said. It will be great they said.

Mother Nature decided I had to much money in the bank, so game me a gift.

Bitch
        That'll solve it for now, nice going! Total cost of a repair should be less than $50 if you DIY, and don't replace wood.

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
        I went for it and finally got it.
        Does the property have an actual bridge? If so, that's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          nice house!
          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          very cool. congrats! looks quite nice
          Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          That's awesome! Super cool the house gets to stay in the family!
          Originally posted by e30austin View Post
          Congrats to you, Jason!
          Thank you all!

It was kind of weird at first, cause I'd feel that I was just coming into paps house. It didn't feel like my place. But it didn't take to long till it felt that it was our home.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I have the utmost faith that you and your wife will soon make it your own.

As to the flood zone issue you mentioned above, what makes it almost so?

Are you close to a tidal body of water, or does the creek overflow its banks in heavy rain?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              I have the utmost faith that you and your wife will soon make it your own.

As to the flood zone issue you mentioned above, what makes it almost so?

Are you close to a tidal body of water, or does the creek overflow its banks in heavy rain?
              We started on the outside with adding color to the porches and trim, but the weather put that on hold till spring. The inside is slowly becoming ours. It is feeling like home though.

Dont know who did the zoning here for flooding. But in 1981 someone made a map of this area and I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother personally looking at the area. They just took a crayon and colored along the creek..There are houses across the road that are not in it. Those houses are about 10' higher in elevation then mine. The map shows the flood water reaching about 100' above my house. But across the road there is nothing, must be an invisible wall holding it back lol. The map is honestly a joke.

Now fast forward to 2018. The county did lidar to the area. It shows where there could be flooding in the next 100 years. I'd say its spot on. Basically shows just the water cresting over the bank and staying in the low areas. But the map has not been approved by FEMA. There will be alot of people out of the flood zone if it is. My flood insurance was going to run $2000 a year. I paid $1500 for a survey and had to wait a month for the Letter Of Map Amendment from FEMA. My neighbor started the fight with them a few years ago. His took much longer but finally got out of it. With his LOMA in place it also helped me. So now if they drag their feet or dont ever approve the new maps. There are two LOMAs in place and hopefully it trickles down the line so people aren't paying for insurance that they dont need. I didn't know it at the time but its FEMA that gets the flood insurance money and not your insurance company.

But yeah the creek could break over its banks. My dad said he seen it once here and it was just in the lower yard. This past year with all the flooding in the area I seen it about 1' below the bank. And we are actually in a flood warning now. It's around 5 'below its bank at the lowest part and about 8' below my bridge. The creek is usually pretty low, but when it's up, it has a very good flow it it.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Awesome house Jason. You have a beautiful foundation which you can change and modify in years to come. Not to mention the memories of keeping it in the family.
                And the lack of surprises is a nice bonus!

Congrats!
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Sweet house Jason, congrats.

All these pics of service panels make me really happy with my current late '70's power supply.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thats a 400 amp switch feeding two 200 amp service panels. #blessed
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                    Sweet house Jason, congrats.

All these pics of service panels make me really happy with my current late '70's power supply.

Thats a 400 amp switch feeding two 200 amp service panels. #blessed
                    LOLOLOLOL... I'll post a few pics of my "service" panels so you guys can all die laughing and wonder why our house hasn't burned down at some point. I just had to open one up because when you would press on the wall it would move one of the bus bars (or something) and would cut out the bottom breaker circuit.
                    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                    -----------------------------------------
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

Wish mine looked like that. Most people about fall over when I show them the one "panel box" with the original wiring from 1926.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

that said, lj's boxes are pretty old. I would guess from the 70's? at least it looks like someone did a professional job without monkey fucking it.

1926? yikes! at least they served your granddad well over all these years.

I assume it uses those screw in fuses that resemble a light socket? what does your wiring look like? is it 2 wires in a silver asbestos sheath?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          that said, lj's boxes are pretty old. I would guess from the 70's? at least it looks like someone did a professional job without monkey fucking it.
                          Good eye, late 70’s build. The previous owner said the house was built by an elecrtrician. We are the third owners. The home inspector said 400amps is the max allowed in a private residence here in Georgia.
                          Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Sorry for the size. Smallest I could get on my phone

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

You know, you can screw a light bulb in to those same fixtures...

Comment

^^ Great picture, Jason ! That has got to be the simplest 150 amp panel i have ever seen.
                                Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X