BBA is THE shit! We use them all the time for ABS units, clusters, etc. They are awesome!
They're my go-to for module repair.
E46 DSC Module repair? Don't use Automotive Scientific Inc
Collapse
X
-
I was able to get into contact with them this morning. Not only did they offer to send me a shipping label, but the lifetime warranty also helped. I am sending it out to them and hopefully it can be salvaged. From what I have read elsewhere, they are the ones to go to other than Module Masters.
I called ASI today and told them that because they couldn't get it right after the 2nd time, I wanted to take no chances and send it out for a second opinion. I was expecting them to tell me to send it to them so they could make sure 100% or give me a giant runaround, but to my surprise, the lady on the phone told me that if I can show that it is irreparable or they were able to fix it, she would process a refund minus a bench test. Aside from the horrendous reviews they have had, this leads me to believe that they are probably used to doing subpar work and having to issue refunds. Just to be 100% safe, I called USAA to start a charge dispute claim.Leave a comment:
-
I sent my E39's ABS module to BBA years ago. Quick turnaround - I was only without it for one weekend including shipping there and back - good price and a lifetime warranty.Leave a comment:
-
I have personally dealt with Module Masters for my fathers e39 540i ABS module and can attest to their great work. their estimated lead times we dead on, although a bit pricey they do great work from what i have dealt with.Leave a comment:
-
Just lookin' at the #'s
Leave a comment:
-
Huge red flag. I have worked for aftermarket companies who do this. That means they know they fucked up, they don't really want to take responsibility, likely because the company isn't making enough to pay the owner the huge salary he wants, but they don't want you to completely trash their name, because again, they aren't making any money and are struggling for new business.
I quit my last job with a blow-off/wastegate manufacturer because of this kind of shit. Greedy owner owns 3 homes on two continents and takes his family on multiple international vacations each years but won't pay his employees a living wage for lying to customers about fucked up product and trying to force the people who got the fucked up product to pay for the shipping and stuff when it was obviously the company's fault. I couldn't keep being involved with something so sleazy.Leave a comment:
-
-
E46 DSC Module repair? Don't use Automotive Scientific Inc
ORIGINAL POST:
I know some of us on here have E46's and we are all cursed with the DSC module failing at one time or another. With that said, I needed to get mine rebuilt.
I sent it to a place called Automotive Scientific Inc. located in Tennessee. I have had a difficult time with them, especially after throwing over $300 for them to repair it, only to have to send it twice for "warranty" and it STILL isn't repaired. The first time, I can understand. Shit happens, maybe someone overlooked something. When I sent it back, they claimed it wasn't technically warranty because a double sided prong that connects the pump to the control unit was "tampered with" (which they soldered to the board, even though BMW bulletins say NOT to do and it is a separate item), but they repaired it as "courtesy". To add icing to the cake, they told me I had to cover shipping back, which pretty much gave me no choice. With all the rain lately and no anti-lock brakes or traction control, I don't want to take any chances of my wife getting into an accident. I got it back, I threw it in this weekend and sure enough, the problem still exists. I even took the entire pump assembly out to make sure everything was properly installed, hooked it back up, and still no dice. To keep things short: fuck these guys, they don't have a clue on what they are doing and it has cost me. Had I known this shit was going to happen, I would have went after a used one and recoded it to my car and went on my merry way. Time for me to send it elsewhere.
Any suggestions on other rebuilders? I've checked out BBA Reman and Module Masters, but I want to get others' input before I send it off again. This has cost me 3 weekends and I'm pretty pissed because it could have been done right the first time if it weren't for these fucking retards. I would get a new one from the dealer, but it's almost $1k for just the control unit.
UPDATE 8/4/16:
So...after all this merry bullshit I had to go through just to get a working ABS in my car, I can honestly say BBA Reman saved the day on this one. Mad props to them for doing things right the first time around. Fuck you, Automotive Scientific. You idiots have no clue what the fuck you're doing. /rant
I got my old ABS control unit and a new pump/ABS control unit back from BBA via UPS today. I only needed the control unit since I already went through the trouble of removing the block and installing it back in after doing some serious troubleshooting. I installed it today without issue considering I have already done this a solid 5 or 6 times no thanks to the retards at Automotive Scientific. I turned the key and the lights went from the trifecta of the ABS, red Brake light, and DSC to only the DSC and a yellow brake light. Generally this means that all that is needed is for the module to be coded to the car. I ran INPA to get all the fluid through the ABS pump block and tried to bleed the brakes by myself. Although I wasn't 100% successful, at least ABS works again. It has a bit more pedal travel, but a 2-man bleeding job will take care of that tomorrow. Once that is done, I plan on coding the control unit to the car.
If anyone goes through the same BS I had to, whatever you do....do NOT use Automotive Scientific. So much time was wasted dealing with them.Tags: None

Leave a comment: