Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at the new cx9 for family car- any mazda mechanics around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say your assessments of each vehicle are pretty much spot-on with how I felt. We like the Jeep, but we have to go with a third row as in-laws are getting older and the writing is on the wall for them driving. Plus the cost of the Jeep is a little high. Mazda was so close to getting it right, but the seating positions are really a letdown. We pretty much decided on a Durango and now I'm just having a tug-of-war over 6 cylinder or V8. I'm leaning towards the RT as I would really like to have the technology package which is only available on it and the Citadel version. However I wonder what gas prices will be like in 5 or 6 years which must be taken into account.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 09-22-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I test drove a CX-9 a while back and before I did, every online review I saw was ranting and raving about it.

I drove it and I can tell you it was as exciting as watching piss evaporate from hot concrete.

Plus my wife loves our E70, so we went with that instead. I am not a Chrysler fan by any means, so I can't give an unbiased opinion on those.
      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Well, IF you baby the pedal you can get decent mileage from the hemi. There won't be a big difference in economy if you go with the v8 rather than the 6. When I test drove the diesel, I could get 500+ out of the tank. With my hemi, dairying it to work get 300 miles per 22gal tank. On the highway babying it I can easily get 450mi on the same 22gal tank. Thanks mds

I can't tell you right now, if anything offers a hemi... you buy the hemi. You don't wanna be that guy wishing you did.

Comment

Several of the guys I know that have Dodge Rams have all said you have to get to the non hemi, hemi. Do I need it, absolutely not. But I know I would probably regret not having. The 2016 v6s are supposed to get a substantial better gas mileage with the start/stop feature. All told with gas mileage and upfront cost, the V8 will probably be about 6,000 dollars more expensive.

The next question is do I buy at the end of this month. As I have found two of the exact matches that I want. Or risk going another month or two and hopefully better incentives and possibly miss out on the exact car I want.

Comment

From what I gathered, buying in the fall is always better.

I didn't know about the start stop feature. That's nice. The hemi was definitely a set back but I didn't care too much about the price because I traded my sonata turbo and got a good value on it. Buying all out with no trade, I probably wouldn't even be looking at $60k suv's.

Oh, I've also learned that waiting is always best when making a big purchase. Give it a few weeks to feel it out. You might find a better deal, you might have to wait longer because you missed a deal. You're not in a rush right?

Comment

Pussed out and went with the v6 which Im ok with. Plenty of power for flat florida roads, and I never tow anything, so its sufficient for our needs. So far after 2days of city driving avg 22mpg, which includes sitting for 15mins in a parking lot. Need to buy some floormats now. Any cheaper alternatives to weathertech that anyone recommends?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good!

When I bought my Cherokee, I pressed the dealership to sweeten my deal and they threw in the rubber floor mats plus the original mats and a cargo mat as well. Must have with kids.

Not saying you should be one of those naggy customers but I would ask the GM what they could do for you and they should be able to cut a deal.

Comment

Husky is slightly cheaper and offer comparable fit and durability.

Congrats on the purchase
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                  X