2016 Nissan Frontier, anyone have info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Nissan Frontier, anyone have info?

Im looking to buy/lease a 2016 Nissian frontier S. 6spd, 6cyl, crew cab. The S comes with crank windows and non-power locks. Does anyone have one of these or work on them? My real questions is could I add factory power locks and windows? Are they a prewired for these? And does anyone have expirence with these trucks? Let me know what you all think.

My buddy I believe has a 2012, he likes it, seems like a good truck. I own the older brother of that truck, a 93 V6 hardbody "king cab", and I love it, but its also 20 years old and one of the most bullet proof trucks ever built, so I cant really weigh in on the newer ones personally.

However, I've only really heard bad things about new Nissan cars with CVTs, and the Titan line of full size trucks, but haven't really heard anything bad about the Frontiers. I'd say aim for a Tacoma if you can, but I know how fucking overpriced they are, even used ones

Comment

I would realy prefer what you have, they are just so hard to come by clean. One came up near me with 47k on it, but it keeps dissapearing from CL before I can call him, and he is asking 8k.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
        I would realy prefer what you have, they are just so hard to come by clean. One came up near me with 47k on it, but it keeps dissapearing from CL before I can call him, and he is asking 8k.
        I hear ya, I was looking for a beater 90s jap pick up for a while, my only requirement was that it at least have an extended cab. On my way home one day I noticed a lil red hardbody sitting in the adjacent parking lot to my complex. Aside from the peeling clear, looked clean, hit the guy up, he didnt speak a lick of english, had to have my buddy translate for me, and checked it out. Aside from 4WD, it was a fully loaded, automatic V6 "King Cab", bucket seats, electric windows and locks, cruise etc, and everything worked, not bad for almost 240k on it.

Talked him down to 1200 bux, and after doing some maintenance items such as timing belt, oil change, tires etc, as well as some suspension components here and there etc, it has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. The auto is nice too, some days I just don't want to row gears in my E39, this I just put it in drive and go. Even came with a glove box full of service history, and the orig monroney sticker, selling for 15k in 1993 at a local dealer down in the city.

I would highly recommend one, and despite what trim/motor you get, they are all bulletproof lil trucks. I beat the absolute shit out of mine, bought a bed tent for it, so I take it camping, road trips, haul multiple motorcycles/quads in it, it is a tank.

Comment

Get long-term reliability information and rankings for the Nissan Frontier and other vehicles using the Long-Term Quality Index.

Read Nissan Frontier reviews from real owners. Find out what they're like to drive, and what problems they have.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Hmm, what has me in a tight spot is my realistic budget. There are very few new smallertruck options, and they all get very expesive very fast.

Comment

I had an 07 Xterra 6 Speed back in the day which I believe is still the same running gear.

The engine was known for timing chain issues and the 6 speed left quite a bit to be desired, didn't really consider it enjoyable to drive.

I bought mine new and sold at 80K, had random electrical issues, the rear diff went out, and around 100k the engine would need new timing chain guides, although hopefully they figured that out by now.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                Hmm, what has me in a tight spot is my realistic budget. There are very few new smallertruck options, and they all get very expesive very fast.
                What's your budget? You should really consider the new Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon. I just bought one and I love it. The midsize truck market is about to get much larger in the near future. Ford, Jeep and Fiat will all be rolling out new trucks very soon.

Comment

I wanted to be at $300 a month so 24k is above that a month with 2500 down. And that's a BASIC crew cab

Comment

Working...
                  X