Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
    Yes they do.

My last e30 was t-boned 3 years ago and still the only forum I frequent is R3V. Not many forums are as good as here.
    you made this post on 3/18/18 lol
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
      Wise words.

With the exception of the 911, I've never enjoyed selling a car(s) more than I have when getting rid of my e36s. Only the 98 M3 did I vaguely regret, the rest were all turds that I couldn't wait to pass on to some other unlucky shmuck that thought they could live with it.
      I've had a few e36 m3's over the years and I really enjoyed them. Non-m I could see disliking.

I actually preferred the e36 m3 to the e39 m5, m5 was just too big for my taste
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

r3v is the best e36 PARTS forum... here we all know the only thing e36's are truly good for :devil:

The age group of e36 enthusiasts correlates with social media too much, and you then couple that with teh fact that e46's are so much better and can be had for pretty much the same price, there's just not a huge following for the ugly box era designs outside of metoo hipsters. there are a number of good e46 forums... just sayin.

Theres some good jeep forums... but everyone is so much nicer to eachother on those, it lacks the entertainment to be had on r3v, even with the recent years reduced traffic. honestly i'm surprised FB has managed not to go the way of myspace for this long... i still think it's only a matter of time till it eventually does however.
        Last edited by LEANE30; 03-31-2018, 10:46 PM.
        ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
          Theres some good jeep forums... but everyone is so much nicer to eachother on those, it lacks the entertainment to be had on r3v, even with the recent years reduced traffic. honestly i'm surprised FB has managed not to go the way of myspace for this long... i still think it's only a matter of time till it eventually does however.
          It is sad how things have shifted away from forums lately. I enjoy reading people's build threads and not seeing random updates and pics on FB and Insta with no details.

Maybe the reason why Facebook hasn't died like Myspace is because there are so many groups for cars and really any other type of hobby/interest you can think of. The Mazda groups I follow on FB are actually quite good but that's because the forum for that car is completely dead.
          '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
          '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
            It is sad how things have shifted away from forums lately. I enjoy reading people's build threads and not seeing random updates and pics on FB and Insta with no details.

Maybe the reason why Facebook hasn't died like Myspace is because there are so many groups for cars and really any other type of hobby/interest you can think of. The Mazda groups I follow on FB are actually quite good but that's because the forum for that car is completely dead.
            I think the issue with Facebook is that it's where a lot of people go for the "instant gratification" aspect of car stuff. It's a lot of people clamoring for Likes and attention.

Forums are still going to be the place where you go to find DIY write ups, build threads, and more sustained interaction with people in the community. I've been talking with the same people online (and in person, Facebook, Snapchat, etc) since 2008. You don't really get that from the Facebook car pages I feel.

I think as long as things continue down this path, eventually we're going to make it back to where the forums are 90% "real" enthusiasts again that want to make their cars better and wrench on them.
            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Working...
            X