anyone remember this guy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone remember this guy???

Anyone remeber this old school skater....

I dunno why, but I love this vid :D

Funny videos, fail videos, funny pictures, funny galleries, funny links, flash games, jokes, caption contests, photoshop contests
    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Haha, hilarious!

Comment

Holeey SHit! That fuckin rocks! Don't mess with ol school skaters.. Bahaha
      ~Jessica~
      "The liver is Evil, It must be punished!"

Comment

That is Mike Vallely. He is from Cherry Hill N.j. if I remember correctly. I grew up riding with he and his friends in NJ when I was in middle school. Really cool guy then, but for a couple of years there he got way aggro and was into fighting, ultimate fighting, and pro wrestling. That guy was one of the first in skateboarding to ride a board with two tails (precursor to what we see today). He was very innovative and molded alot of the style of modern day street skating. He was also very good at ramp, Hockey, and bmx as well.
        PS I really doubt those guys called him a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, He is a big mfer.
        Last edited by delatlanta1281; 09-15-2006, 10:16 AM. Reason: i cannot spell.
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

they called him a roller-fag or something along those lines. i forget, but they said it in a video about 5-6 years ago

my friend was actually there. I guess he had just got done doing a demo, I think it was in Seattle.
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I know it was in CKY, I can't remember what happened, lemme call someone.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic

Comment

Story goes like this.
              They called him a name, in the parking lot, he walked up to them wanting to fight and when they started backing down making light of the situation he went bezerk. He proceeded to throw punches until it was broken up and walked away. When he got back to the car he was like "fucking jocks".
              This always perplexed me, because his reaction was a total "jock" reaction. Skateboarders are very good about fighting and letting little comments roll off their backs. I was pretty unstoked at his reaction. It is funny to watch I guess, but that kind of shit is just what we didn't need then, skateboarding was becoming very mainstream, and the CKY videos were becoming very popular with not only skaters but their friends as well. I am suprised that those videos didn't get shot down like Big Brother Magazine did. It would have been nice for the editors to show the whole thing so we could see the beginning. Mike was very into proving himself physically back then though. At demos he would throw himself into barriers and ramps just to get a rise out of the crowd, he would break stuff over heis head and do more harm to himself off his board than on it. I never understood why he changed like that, I think he has calmed down now, but those three to four years were kinda lame IMO.
              The comment was something like "whatever roller-fag". Those guys were young and smarting off, at Mikes age then he should have left it alone.
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic

Comment

your right, he did get really spastic...and those dudes looked like little youngsters...Mike V was a crazy mother f'r when i used to watch him skate.
                90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

Comment

German, do you still ride? There is a sick park in louiseville right?
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic

Comment

definently agree with all that was said, seemed to be a very transitional time in skateboarding....the more it was accepted by others, the more I hated it.... big brother FTMFW

Comment

Werd I miss that magazine.... If skateboarding hadn't become so popular and accepted it would still be printed, then again if skateboarding had stayed where it was my best friend probably wouldn't be in business. His shop has reaped the rewards of mainstream skateboarding.
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                        German, do you still ride? There is a sick park in louiseville right?
                        I quit about 5 years before they built it :-( ..Iv'e been to it a few times and yes, it is a very sick ass park..

Comment

Mike V. was ok in the eightys but he has no place in skateboarding now... he cant keep up and he cant compair to any of the other pro's of his time. I was very disapointed in his part in labelkills (blacklabel video) and i was very more bummed when he was hired to element skateboards...
                          He likes to preach about individualism and self control in his artical in skateboarder mag. but he is nothing more then a washout...

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Yea that was in CKY, forgot which one.

Comment

R.I.P. big brother. best skateboard magazine ever. yea, thrasher and slap and transworld are quality publications, but big brother was totally different

dave carney is fucking awesome. I even grew to like chris nieratko too, who i believe owns a shop in jersey
                              Originally posted by blunt
                              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                              X