Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this video idea any good?

Hey folks,

We've got a big vintage event coming up at Lime Rock this weekend (stop by if you're in the area, it's from Thursday through Monday with tons of awesome cars and a huge carshow Sunday on the track!!) and I wanted to do some sort of quick video related to the track.

I have video from a session in 2016 where all my times were only a few tenths apart. I thought it might be fun to show the similarities between the laps, so I slapped this 1-minute video together:

I left the 30 seconds at the beginning as room for explanation.

Is this worth doing or it is unwatchable?

Thanks!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

It's really hard to distinguish any differences between the laps given that there are so many frames in one shot (which I guess means you are a consistent driver!). However, from a viewers standpoint, it's difficult to focus on anything in particular, so people might tend to focus on nothing and therefore not get much out of it.

Maybe only two or three separate laps side by side would be better than 9 separate laps at the same time?

Comment

Yeah, I was going back and forth about whether or not it's a good thing it's so similar. I mean it's good because that was the point, but maybe not as good for the reason you mention. I found myself not watching any particular frame, but watching when a curb or shadow appeared on each lap. I'll cut it back and see what it looks like then. Thanks!
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

I agree with mbonder. A bit too much going on for me.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Maybe just compare two laps, the slowest and fastest while highlighting the differences between them...??

Comment

Some photos of our setup this weekend in case you're stopping by and/or don't follow us on Facebook or Instagram cough cough

Comment

Working...
            X