Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
      I know Stanceworks is for gays and all, but I thought you guys might enjoy this:

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/05/t...ory-preserved/
      My landlord sold this guy his white tii about a week ago. It had some Gold center BBS mesh wheels and Alpina ITB set up. You can see it in the back ground of one of the pictures.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Renault DeSir's concept car's interior is all about flowing shapes and typical French visual harmony:

(image via)

The 2007 Mazda Taiki has a beautiful, Art Nouveau inspired dashboard, with pulsating red "veins" of light flowing around a steering wheel like some sort of decadent liquor (is it possible to get intoxicated by just looking at this gorgeous design?):

(image via)

Another Mazda concept, the 2007 Mazda Ryuga has some sort of futuristic space fighter interior (featuring what is probably the best-looking instrument cluster ever designed for a dashboard) - a much appreciated "breath of fresh air" when it comes to stale mass-produced dashboard layouts:

(image via)

There are a few too many intersecting planes and angles here for our liking, but the Toyota FT-HS makes up for the resulting visual complexity with an austere, yet highly ergonomic, driver's seat:

(image via)

The Citroen C-Cactus features some incredible, flowery cut-outs (even on the bottom of the steering wheel column), and can probably compete with the VW hippie van for "flower power" appeal:

(image via)

The Citroen Revolte concept car sports a futuristic dashboard, which is only slightly marred by the awkward rectangle of the computer display:

Here is a very clean looking 2001 Volvo ACC dashboard with a pretty good integration of a rectangular iPad-sized screen in this case:

(image via)

A very inviting 2009 Cadillac ELR interior: appropriately edgy and high-tech, and yet luxurious enough... Prestigious design, done right:

Looking back at the Toyota FXS from 2001, we are impressed with a distinct Art Deco feel to the whole layout, enhanced by mysterious blue tones:

(image via)

Speaking of Art Deco themes, I find this nautically-themed 2008 Buick Riviera's interior inviting (if a little crude on the overall finish and detailing, which is to be expected from a preliminary concept model):

(image via)

This great Japanese pod, 2007 Nissan Roundbox, is like an impossibly hip living room, art studio and maybe even "cloud-based" workplace all rolled into one:

(image via)

Well, time to show a few dashboard oddities: here is the Russian 2003 Russo-Baltique Impression supercar, boasting acres of wood (we hope that it is not plastic):

(image via)

Spyker cars have always been different from the mainstream, a rare thing unto itself (though, as some point out, not necessarily a thing-of-beauty), and this 2001 Spyker C8 Laviolette is no exception, with its incredible orange theme and sophisticated-looking stainless steel pedal assembly:

(image via)

All curves and bulbous surfaces, like a spaceship escape pod, 2009 Nissan Qazana is "so bizarre it almost looks French" (this quote comes from a car magazine obviously not very content with most of the American cookie-cutter dashboards, so I consider it a compliment to the French):

(image via)

Minimalism in dashboard design can be a wonderful thing. Here is a very classy dashboard of the Morgan Life Car (read our article why Morgan cars are so different):

(image via)

Less is certainly more inside 2001 Hispano-Suiza K8:

(image via)

Descending from the lofty heights of concept car designs we enter the production supercar territory. There are many classic dashboard beauties to mention (enough for its own article), but here are a couple of Lamborghini Diablo interiors, just so that we could peek inside and marvel.... at all this carbon fibre in Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0:

(image via)

...and the mystique of the deep blue velvet Lamborghini Diablo SE30 interior; truly an iron fist in a velvet glove:

(image via)

Dashboards of the Fifties: A Smorgasbord of Touchable Delights

These sculptures of leather and chrome could easily be displayed in future art galleries and fondled, touched, and caressed by our descendants in puzzled appreciation (by this time in the future, all dashboards will probably be replaced by a floating holographic voice-driven interface, so the metal knobs and soft padding of 1950s dashboards would seem quaint enough). Here is one of the best (and wildly strange) dashboards of the period, a red 1956 Buick Centurion wonder:

(image via)

More tame and very classy 1950s Chrysler Imperial dashboards:

(image via)

Dashboard, surrounded by romance - this 1958 Ford layout certainly witnessed many stolen kisses in its time:

(image via)

Signature Hydramatic buttons, from a 1954 Oldsmobile model:

(image via)

Dashboards do not get weirder than this...

This 1970s Lancia concept features some sort of iPad screen... and bizarre steering wheel shape:

Even weirder: why not place all instruments inside the steering wheel? This fantastic idea was used once in the Maserati Boomerang:

And we finish with a couple of examples of unbelievably tacky car interior bling - sure to hurt the eye (on the left is an American custom job, on the right is a Japanese delivery van interior):

Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          All that work and they leave the steering wheel alone?
          stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
            My landlord sold this guy his white tii about a week ago. It had some Gold center BBS mesh wheels and Alpina ITB set up. You can see it in the back ground of one of the pictures.
            Wrong guy I think my friend.

Comment

(Interiors) Great post!

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                oh i always read them, and i like the pretty pictures. most are fairly entertaining.

but the flowery language and gaudy prose make me feel like i'm reading better homes and gardens. that plus all the circle jerking just makes it embarrassing. they're fucking cars, pieces of metal. machinery, oil, things that blow up and make loud fucking noises.

I actually agree with this guy. The pictures are always great, but the writing is often too fanciful/whimsical to be taken seriously. Plus a few typos (See "knickknacks" in the 2nd last paragraph) and grammar errors that bother me because of my English background.

It may sound like nitpicking but that's just how I see it.
                Originally posted by LJ851
                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                  oh i always read them, and i like the pretty pictures. most are fairly entertaining.

but the flowery language and gaudy prose make me feel like i'm reading better homes and gardens. that plus all the circle jerking just makes it embarrassing. they're fucking cars, pieces of metal. machinery, oil, things that blow up and make loud fucking noises.

this:

is just too fanciful for metal, sweat, grime and gasoline.
                  So explain to us why you are on a E30 site if they are just metal to you. This is a hobby, if you can't enjoy it, why do you partake?:loco:
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                  VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by riverdale21 View Post
                    Made another trip to Google's server for the Hi-Tech startup. Was given permission to take more pictures.

Here is a view from the Hi-Tech radiator platform showing the yard with 12 other 1000KW generators
                    I am heavy mechanic for the mines + done my time with MTU Detroit Diesel Aus. What is the deal with the A/C motor between the engine and generator?

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                      So explain to us why you are on a E30 site if they are just metal to you. This is a hobby, if you can't enjoy it, why do you partake?:loco:
                      this comment doesn't really make sense towards his comment

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
                        Wrong guy I think my friend.
                        Dont think so. I talked to my landlord about the story on SW and he emailed "the collector" about it. I may have been wrong about my landlords x car being in one of the pictures but it was defiantly "the collector" who bought the car. There are not very many people in so call who own 21+ 2002s.
                        Last edited by deutschman; 06-01-2012, 10:03 PM.
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Here are a few more interior shots.
                          1969 Alfa Rome 1750 GTV, US spec.

Jaguar D-type

1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint

1957 Alfa 750 Sprint Veloce lightweight interior.

Enjoy,
                          Will
                          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

^ Those interiors are awesome just for their pure simplicity and lack of excess flamboyancy like that of modern interiors. They were doing it right back then style-wise but as far a safety is concerned, those are practically death traps no?

rules;
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                              ^ Those interiors are awesome just for their pure simplicity and lack of excess flamboyancy like that of modern interiors. They were doing it right back then style-wise but as far a safety is concerned, those are practically death traps no?

rules;
                              The '69 Alfa has a collapsing steering column, padded dash and shoulder harnesses. As far as being a death trap, well, that was my car. I got rear ended, ended up in a ditch, and walked away without so much as a scratch. I was rear ended by a Nissan Frontier (one of the new ones that look like a Tonka truck.) No tweaked back, no concussion, nothing. The car was destroyed, but I walked away unharmed. My Datsun has 5 point race harnesses and a very solid roll bar, I don't feel comfortable in ANY modern car unless its got 5 point harnesses.

In my book, all cars and trucks are death traps. Every one of them. The best safety measure is knowing how to drive, and not doing stupid things while behind the wheel. North American drivers for the most part are terrible drivers. Most are lazy, cutting across lanes making left turns when there is no car (its not your lane, stay the hell out of it. YOU don't belong there.) or talking on the phone (No, I don't talk on the phone while I'm driving. If someone calls, I don't answer, talk to my voicemail, I'm busy driving.) They don't use turn signals, ect. US, Canadian and Mexican drivers are shitty drivers for the most part. Canadian drivers are flat out scary, Mexican ones truly don't know how to drive many times (drivers license? We don't need no stinkin drivers license!) and US drivers are too busy talking on the phone, checking emails on the phone, watching a movie on the phone, texting, reading the news paper, shaving, putting makeup on ect. Not one of those things are ok to do while piloting a 4000 lb guided missile down the road. As technology has gotten better, drivers have gotten worse and to counter the lousy drivers, and the over lawsuit happy lawyers have caused manufacturers to build bigger and heavier cars to make people so called more safe, yet all that has happened is they have built a vehicle capable of doing more damage due to there being more weight. Its a vicious cycle, but in the end its the drivers that need to learn how to drive and own up to the fact that they suck. Driving is a privilege, not a right. There is a reason many european drivers are better than their North American counterparts. It costs a lot of $$$$ to get a drivers license in europe. I know for a fact, in California at least, the drivers behind the wheel test is a joke. I passed with a perfect score with 0 (yes zero) behind the wheel experience. I never should have passed that test. It was WAY too easy and only proves that I didn't hit anything or run a stop sign/light. Does that prove I can drive a car? Hell no.

50's cars death traps? Only if we make them such. Learn how to drive. The easiest way to avoid an accident is to not get into one in the first place.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Kvasi View Post
                                1000 hp E21
                                more info? i has e21 and this looks like a lot more fun then mine hahahah

Comment

Working...
                                X