That's pretty cool. Good for him for taking things into his own hands
      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
        Meanwhile, in Beirut
        When is the middle east going to quit sucking?
        My Feedback

Comment

That is cool that he did it but he will probably get into legal trouble, you can't do a government job yourself, there's unions and bribes and other stuff that has to be handled first. Seriously if you fill in a pot hole in front of your own home on your own dime you will get a bunch of shit from your local government about how your repair could be unsafe and a hazard for others because your not a state certified hole filler.

I wanna see more though, I like when citizens take it upon themselves to fix stuff the government broke/won't/can't/thinks they did. If I had the resources I wanna implement my own traffic light programs because I see no reason why I have to wait at red lights at night, we have the technology to make them flashing reds after certain hours, why we don't use it is beyond me.
          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
          Bimmerbuddies LLC
          717-388-1256
          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Technically spraying the "Fixed by Citizen" on the road itself can be considered grafitti.

I would totally support and even contribute time to a program like this if it were well coordinated and run in the Bay Area. Alas , as stated their would be lots of push back from all the guys that stand around and watch one guy fill a hole and work for the city.

Comment

^
              Found not guilty, but put to a JURY TRIAL for using sidewalk Chalk to protest outside of a B of A

Last week, a San Diego man made headlines when he went on trial to face 13 counts of vandalism related to chalk drawings he’d made on sidewalks outside of Bank of America branches in the area…
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Lets see if these pictures show...

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Any more of the CAN-AM with the small block Fuelly pushing it?????

Such a awesome little car such a shame it never lasted that long
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Any more of the CAN-AM with the small block Fuelly pushing it?????

Such a awesome little car such a shame it never lasted that long
                    Here's it on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPgI...e_gdata_player Doing this by phone, so don't know if its going to work lol.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Wow thats a Corvair......................

I think that car lives Near Ann Arbor MI. Judging from the street signs, (maize and Blue) and the pull getting on the high way Looks alot like 14s getting on 94w just east of A2 I could be way wrong too though
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                        LOVE this!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                          Here's it on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPgI...e_gdata_player Doing this by phone, so don't know if its going to work lol.
                          That is awesome & Id feel a little uncomfortable sitting with the motor lol. Wish it had a fat plenum ducting air to the stacks though.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

mmm i love me some corvairs they are one of my favorite old american cars

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                              That is awesome & Id feel a little uncomfortable sitting with the motor lol. Wish it had a fat plenum ducting air to the stacks though.
                              I remember reading a magazine article about that car a while back. Said it was a very visceral experience with the carbs right behind your head.
                              1991 318i SOLD
                              2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Wow thats a Corvair......................

I think that car lives Near Ann Arbor MI. Judging from the street signs, (maize and Blue) and the pull getting on the high way Looks alot like 14s getting on 94w just east of A2 I could be way wrong too though
                                Not to for sure where the guy was from. Found him on the Corvair Forum, but didn't show where he lived. I did wonder why the car seemed a little slow, but they was taking an easy on it as I found on the Corvair site
                                I asked Don to go easy on the launches and he did. The last thing I wanted was to break something...we don't need that kind of publicity.

Personally I was pleasantly surprised with a 0-60 of 5.2 seconds. Corvettes of the era with 283s claimed 0-60 times of 6.2 seconds.

The brakes drag a bit and I have a quick shift kit that needs to be installed. If I fix the brakes, improve shifting, launch and shift more aggressivly I think I could improve 0-60 times. (5 flat? high 4s?) If I can borrow the measuring equipment from Don, I'd like to try.
                                Also someone brought up that the car is all pretty much 1970's technology too.

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                                yeah the Crown conversion puts the engine right at your back!

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                                mmm i love me some corvairs they are one of my favorite old american cars
                                Not my favorite, but I do like them lol ;) :D

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Working...
                                X