Originally posted by ST1G View Post
    Awesome! anyone know where this is?

R.H.D
    M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
      Awesome! anyone know where this is?
      France. Mont Saint-Michel.

With the tide it's an island sometimes, and a mountain others. Used to be it was inaccessible when the tide was in, but they built a bridge a while ago.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
        France. Mont Saint-Michel.

With the tide it's an island sometimes, and a mountain others. Used to be it was inaccessible when the tide was in, but they built a bridge a while ago.

Comment

IIRC, there is also a castle like that off the coast of UK. I am trying to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Saint-Michel

IIRC, there is also a castle like that off the coast of UK. I am trying to find it.
            http://www.touropia.com/mysterious-tidal-islands/

Last edited by slammin.e28; 09-26-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

You're good.;D

St Micheal's Mount is the castle I Was thinking of.

Comment

Comment

I love old castles and shit. Basically anything medieval is awesome.

Here is one near me, obviously not Medieval, but here are a few pics:

Swannanoa

Intended to be a "summer place" for Richmond, Virginia, millionaire and philanthropist James H. Dooley and his wife Sally May, it reportedly took over 300 artisans eight years to build the structure, complete with Georgian marble, Tiffany windows, gold plumbing fixtures, and terraced gardens. Built as a token of love from husband to wife, the depth of James and Sally May’s relationship was represented in the 4,000 piece Tiffany stained-glass window and a domed ceiling bearing the likeness of Mrs. Dooley [4] Despite the lavish expenditure, it was occupied only for a few years following completion in 1912.
                  Place is crazy cool. Been up there a few times. Always eerie feeling up there. Place is supposed to be crazy haunted, but who knows.

Comment

I love old castles and shit. Basically anything medieval is awesome.

Here is one near me, obviously not Medieval, but here are a few pics:

Swannanoa

Place is crazy cool. Been up there a few times. Always eerie feeling up there. Place is supposed to be crazy haunted, but who knows.
                    Thats pretty cool, I have never been to the east coast but I want to go and see all that kinda stuff.

That is one thing that kinda sucks about the United Sates, its not really that old. We don't have all the cool shit Europe has.

Comment

True. I love living where I do. Revolutionary and Civil War hotbed of activity. Tons of history, especially around Afton Mtn, Staunton, etc, etc. Old train tunnels to explore, founding father's homes and vacation homes. There is a ton to get into around here for history buffs.

Comment

One of the coolest places i know of. An old abandoned sanatorium up here in Norway

Comment

True. I love living where I do. Revolutionary and Civil War hotbed of activity. Tons of history, especially around Afton Mtn, Staunton, etc, etc. Old train tunnels to explore, founding father's homes and vacation homes. There is a ton to get into around here for history buffs.
                          All I get to see is abandoned mining towns :(

I've always wanted to go and explore the abandoned subway tunnels under Cincinnati. Really just abandoned and old things in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Kvasi View Post
                            One of the coolest places i know of. An old abandoned sanatorium up here in Norway
                            I love that right there, That is the kinda of think I could spend all day in. I love the creepy feeling you get when you're inside. I'm just fascinated that things become abandoned. That looks epic because of the fjord right there. I am obsessed with Pripyat, Ukraine

Comment

Those are the best!

Dejarnette buildings. Google Joseph Dejarnette and you'll see why everyone wants these buildings gone.

Place sits right next to a Sheetz, Lowes, Wal-Mart, several restaurants, etc. Can bee seen from I-81.

Then there is the old adult sanatorium turned prison, then turned into condos. Been inside this one after the prison closed. No pics though. Has a huge cemetery with unmarked graves from the sanatorium days.

Comment

Working...
                              X