This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Haha! Yup! It was all decked out like a 1950's era diner/dairy bar and has baseball posters and memorabilia on the walls. Very good burgers too, I was surprised.
    Thats exactly what my mate said hahaha He said it was a diner and had US stuff inside. That's funny. Makes sense though.

Comment

Für Slammin.

Comment

Isn't that an abandoned nuke plant in NC? Cherokee I think. They just left it after regulations changed or something. Has a big, black hole in it they used for some movie or TV show.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Isn't that an abandoned nuke plant in NC? Cherokee I think. They just left it after regulations changed or something. Has a big, black hole in it they used for some movie or TV show.
          I believe that is actually in Northern Europe. I'll look it up real quick.

Comment

Ahem

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I swear that's it. I found that same pic on G+ and it links to this:

https://roadtrippers.com/places/cher...03c345210000b0

G maps

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.03...t=h&gl=us&z=18

..but they're tearing it up to build a different nuke plant in it's place. :/

Comment

I swear that's it. I found that same pic on G+ and it links to this:

https://roadtrippers.com/places/cher...03c345210000b0

G maps

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.03...t=h&gl=us&z=18

..but they're tearing it up to build a different nuke plant in it's place. :/
                That's very interesting. That's too bad they are ripping it down. I love old nuclear power plants.

This is a cooling tower in Belgium. "IM cooling tower" (I'm still looking for info)

The cooling tower is a hyperboloid style tower, they have become the design standard for all natural-draft cooling towers because of their structural strength and minimum usage of material, the hyperbolic shape of the tower enhances aerodynamic lift due to the wind passing over it which increases the air flow rate. The air flows into the openings in the bottom which rises up and cools the entering hot water. The cooled water cascades down to the bottom of the tower whilst the warm moist air exits out of the top.

In its hey day this tower would have been able to cool up to 480,000 gallons of water a minute.

Its in Drogenbos, Belgium

I found this also. Same photographer. Its a Jet engine test site.

Comment

That looks like the one you OP'd.

Wish I could find more on the Cherokee place. Here's where I originally saw it, on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2497641&type=1

I've been trying to get Google Earth to let me go into historical mode so I can see the actual tower pictured, but it won't let me.

...and then I found this:

http://files.doobybrain.com/wp-conte...theme-park.jpg

Last edited by slammin.e28; 10-25-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

no. Is that a theme park in an old nuclear plant? Is that real???? I want to go there.... I hope you can get "radioactive ice-cream"

EDIT: That ride looks scary as shit.

Edit 2. Notice the German Flag at the top of the cone. I need to do some googling.

Comment

Ok so my father and I are personal friends with Earl Owensby. The guy mentioned in the first link slammin' posted about the nuclear plant site in Cherokee. For years he has been telling us all these tall tales that sounded way over the top. So when he told us James Cameron used one of his studios to film the Abyss, I didn't believe him. Guess I should have done some research.

Small world ain't it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
                        Ok so my father and I are personal friends with Earl Owensby. The guy mentioned in the first link slammin' posted about the nuclear plant site in Cherokee. For years he has been telling us all these tall tales that sounded way over the top. So when he told us James Cameron used one of his studios to film the Abyss, I didn't believe him. Guess I should have done some research.

Small world ain't it.
                        In for other tall tails.

Comment

Wunderland near Kalkar, Germany, cleverly combines a never-been-used multi-million-pound reactor with classic fair rides, including a merry-go-round, Ferris wheel, carousel and log flume.

Comment

He just talks about all the people he knows. He says he used to be Roy Orbison's best friend and that he gave him a Harley he still has somewhere. Says Roy and Elvis were really close and they all knew each other. Earl actually named his son Elvis because of this. My dad knows a lot more of the stories than I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
                              He just talks about all the people he knows. He says he used to be Roy Orbison's best friend and that he gave him a Harley he still has somewhere. Says Roy and Elvis were really close and they all knew each other. Earl actually named his son Elvis because of this. My dad knows a lot more of the stories than I do.
                              Thats interesting. I like eccentric people. I wish I could have met Howard Hughes.

Comment

BOUCHEZ Photography, Seattle, Washington. 746 likes · 35 talking about this. Motorsports photographer

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X