Anyone know what the truck is from "The Cave"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what the truck is from "The Cave"

I have searched a lot, and I can't seem to find out what type of truck it is in the movie "The Cave." Its the Soviet/Eastern Bloc 8x8 truck at the very beggining, when they explore the church. I think it might be A MAZ varient, but am unsure. Any help at all would be great, I am looking for a military truck to add to the fleet for my business, and if I could get my hands on one of those it would e neat.
    01 325Ci
    87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Tatra 813

?

Comment

what business would it be to require such a truck, and btw that movie is the worst movie ever!!!! 1 1/2hrs of my life i'll never get back, man good thing it was free.

Comment

Grab a deuce. Cheap, easy, and available.

Comment

I think its an 813. I have a landscaping business, but I specialize in more specialy stuff, like the masonry stuff, ponds, stonework, etc. That, and the curiousity factor would def be neat. I am probably going to just get an old m35a2 deuce and a half.
          01 325Ci
          87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

Just buy a UNI MOG. There was a newer version of the one pcitures baove in that VAN DAMMIT movie from a while back.

Tyler

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
            R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

that is very cool. how about a pinzgauer?? decent payload and towing capacity. fuel efficient air cooled 4 cyl. relatively easy to fix, as many parts can be found at local auto parts stores. im sure you would want a troop transporter model, the seats in the rear can be folded down to create a flat bed. not to mention it can haul 10 people in the back. only thing you decide is if you want 4x4, or 6x6. lol. i <3 pinzgauer's.

search for 710m and 712m. the K's are radio trucks. you dont want that i would imagine.

-Dane
              diving board division, bishez.

Comment

theres a guy at NCSU that has an old military troop carrier that he painted red and takes all his friends to the football/bball games
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

My father has 2 Pinzgauers, both 75s I think. They are both 710M's, had the first one a year before he rolled it at around 55mph. Walked away, and bought another one. Awesome trucks, but I think I am going to end up going with a m35a2 Deuce and Half. I need something that I can put a dump ram kit on, so a Pinz would be out anyhow.

I looked up those Tatra 813s. Neat neat vehicles, complete with a 17.6 liter Diesel v12!
                  01 325Ci
                  87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

Deuce and half with a standard shift or a more modern autobox. Unimog is the ultimate offroad thou. Love the suspension and the millions of PTO attachments it has.

Comment

Holy god that that movie lick balls...

Comment

+1 For Unimog

Comment

Originally posted by europeanplates View Post
                          Just buy a UNI MOG

Tyler
                          Hell yea, My mum used to own a couple. She had them converted into luxury touring coaches for a company she directs. Was badass ripping through sand dunes in them.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I like the Unimogs, but I don't think it will handle heavy loads as good as a deuce. My 2500 can haul 3600 lbs, and I already have maxed that more than a few times. Figure most stone is around 2300 lbs per yard, and a yard isn't that much.
                            I like Unimogs a lot, but overall I think the most practical choice is going to be the deuce, but for pure offroad goodness, the mogs kick ass. Than again, my daily driver is a 2000 Wrangler 4.0 with full skids, 2" lift, 31" tires, 9k lbs winch, full body armor, waterproofed electrical system, snorkel to the top of the windshield, etc. So, one offroad toy shoulde be enough....... or not, LOL :)
                            01 325Ci
                            87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

How could you not want a deuce. If I saw one of these rolling down the street, I'd definately think "wow, I need a bigass wall and a pond in my yard"

What kind of 2500 do you have? 3600 lbs... in the bed?
                              Hauling around a few yards of heavy stuff would be much more suited to a heavy duty trailer.

If I were in your shoes I would have a chevy kodiak, but thats my dream truck. I actually want to go into some kind of heavy duty business just to have an excuse to buy me a kodiak.
                              Last edited by 808BMW; 10-07-2006, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X